Most points, but missed the playoffs! anyone else? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Most points, but missed the playoffs! anyone else?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Most points, but missed the playoffs! anyone else?

Postby the weakerthans » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:59 pm

Yeah, I finished with the most points in my $ league but in 5th place..

1st team: 10-4 1338
2nd team: 10-4 1149
3rd team: 9-5 1225
4th team: 9-5 1093
ME: 8-6 1378

I had a brutal schedule.. with all the bottom teams having their best performance of the year against me... I did a quick analysis, and with the schedule of the team in 4th place, I would have ended the season 13-1. Most of my losses I had the 2nd or 3rd best score of the week.

Anyone else in the same situation??? it would cheer me up to know I'm not the only one!! lol

I had a killer team too..
Eli, Hass
LT, Jordan, Foster, Duckett, K.Jones
Fitz, Ward, Engram, Jackson, Toomer (and Owens)
Gates
the weakerthans
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kmax9 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:16 pm

It won't totally brighten you up. But in my league of 12 we sent only 6 to playoffs and I barely got in at 6th place, So yeah if we took only 4 I would have been out...
And I tied with 1020 pts with first place team, I did the same comparison I would be 10-4 or 11-3 in anybody's else schedule but I finished 7-7.... So if it wasnt for 6 spots I wouldnt have made it.
Half way through the season, I took stats on avg pts scored against each team mine was 74pts vs 1st place team had 51... Hard to win, even when you avg 67 pts a game.

Kmax
kmax9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:21 pm

In my league, the team with the absolute lowest points made the playoffs.

I'm 2nd in points and missed.

The guy in first place in points took the 4th and final playoff spot.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby yossarian » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:26 pm

I scored the most points in my league and lost for only the 4th time on the final day of the regular season in a 12 team league. I totally backed into the playoffs, barely scraping in because somebody else lost. We played with 3 divisions of 4 teams each. The winner in my division had an 11-3 record, and I and somebody else in the same division BOTH had 10-4 records. I manged to squeek in based on points scored--I out-scored the next closest player, and everybody else in the league, for that matter, by over 200 pts. The other 2 people to get into the playoffs had records of 10-4 and, my favorite, 7-7. It's like that 7-7 team was in the NFC East or something. Ugh. I hate Divisions.

So umm, yeah. I did make the playoffs, although there were 30 minutes after I lost where I thought that I hadn't, so....I feel your pain. Sorta.
yossarian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Earl Van Dorn » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:58 pm

I feel your pain brother. In a Fanball league, my team finished with 90 more points than anyone else, but I was 8-6, in a 3 way tie for the Division crown but lost out on a playoff spot. It's frustrating as hel to hang 150 points and lose. I keep asking myself what did i do to offend the football gods?
Too much smack talk=hubris punishable by other teams having their best week of the year against you? I dunno. I may have to get out my sacraficial kinfe (Pittsburgh steel tempered in the tears of Dick Vermiel with a Ram horn hilt) and cut a male sheep's throat on an officially liscensed NFL sacraficial stone as an offering to the football gods. :~(
Earl Van Dorn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting