Reuben Droughns Rewards Lineman - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cleveland Browns

Reuben Droughns Rewards Lineman

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reuben Droughns Rewards Lineman

Postby JEWMAH9701 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:14 am

Droughns Rewards Blockers With Diamond Watches
Browns' Back Gives Back to Those Who Got Him Past 1,000 Yards

BEREA, Ohio (Dec. 13) - Reuben Droughns figured it was time to reward his Cleveland Browns teammates for making him a 1,000-yard rusher.

He bought 13 diamond-encrusted wrist watches for his blockers, who helped him become the first Cleveland player since 1985 to surpass 1,000 yards.

Droughns gave watches to the offensive linemen - starters and backups - and fullbacks and tight ends.

"I got some very good champagne for the guys back in Denver when I went over 1,000 yards last year," said Droughns, who rushed for 1,240 for the Broncos. "But this was a lot different situation here because a 1,000-yard season hadn't been done in a while."

Before Droughns eclipsed the barrier on Dec. 4, the Browns were the only team in the league not to have a 1,000-yard rusher in the past 20 years. In 1985, both Earnest Byner and Kevin Mack did it for Cleveland.

Droughns said he picked out the watches himself.

"I hope the guys like them. I paid a pretty penny for them," he said without divulging their cost.

Droughns is fifth in the AFC in rushing with 1,103 yards on 262 carries.

Hopefully the Browns' front office will take as good of care of Reuben as he did his lineman. I don't see how they could let Droughns walk next year unless his asking price is unbelievely high.
JEWMAH9701
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:40 pm

Big props to Reuben and the o-line. He proved all doubters wrong and rewarded us Browns fans with a solid running game!

btw, I think he is under contract for one more year for like 800K, but ya, they need to lock this guy up for a long term deal ;-D
Last edited by J2thez929 on Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:23 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Big props to Reuben and the o-line. He proved all doubters wrong and rewarded us Browns fans with a solid running game!

btw, I think he is under contract for like one more year for like 800K, but ya, they need to lock this guy up for a long term deal ;-D

Amen. sign him.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Cleveland Browns