Strategy Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Strategy Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikebal9 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:17 pm

Thanks for all your help (to those who were serious about helping). Next week (if i win), I'll be playing a team with Chad Johnson and TJ Housh. I hav Palmer. I actually think this bodes well for me since i lock up two of his players with one of mine. I guess I was sort of using the reverse strategy this week and hoping it would work for me.
mikebal9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 153
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby umphrey » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:32 pm

Matthias wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Play Jimmy Smith, Wilford, and Matt Jones!

Instant Awesomeness! You'll be sure to lock up Garrard's 1 passing TD!



Don't be ridiculous. Anyone knows you also have to start George Wrighster at TE to make this a worthwhile strategy.


This is true. You need Jimmy Smith, Wilford, Matt Jones, and Wrighster.

But what about Reggie Williams? I'd squeeze him in somewhere too.

You really can't let Garrard's 1 passing TD go to waste.



If you are going with Williams then you have to go 2 TE and throw Kyle Brady in there....it only makes sense.


ya'll are so clever. this is the same crap as last week: if you can't understand something, then just vomit all over it


Well, either that or their sick of answering this question 2-3 times a week.
Image
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 158
Joined: 2 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: yarr

Postby umphrey » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:33 pm

PapaPark wrote:be careful where you ask these questions man... breathe wrong and the forum veterans will pounce on you.


I saw that thread and you deserved every insult you got. You skipped past the blatently marked SIT OR START forum to the fantasy leftovers...to ask a start or sit quesiton that you tried to pass off as "strategy". Then, when people told you your mistake you bumped the thread at least 8 times keeping it at the top of the page.
Image
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 158
Joined: 2 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: yarr

Postby mikebal9 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:34 pm

Wowe, there are some real pricks on here. (umphrey) IF they didn't wanna answer, then don't. I'm sorry that I don't live o nthe board. I came on with one little question cause i'd heard it was a good source of info. Sorry to bother you.
mikebal9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 153
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby umphrey » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:37 pm

Well, when someone new comes in here and takes shots at the people who've been reading this for awhile, at minimum I'm going to explain why the new guy pissed people off...
Image
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 158
Joined: 2 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: yarr

Postby mikebal9 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:38 pm

Ok, to respond:
1. I don't even know what bumping is all about. I only figured out why people were typingthe eword "Bump" in messages about a week ago.
2. I considered it a strategy question.
3. Blatantly passed over a board? Why would I do that? Who cares where the question is.
4. You're a d1ck. Yea, you'r awesome cause you answer someone's question if it fits your idea of what should be asked on a specific board. Good job, loser.
mikebal9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 153
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby umphrey » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:42 pm

Well, your just stupid because you didn't realize that...

I WAS QUOTING SOMEONE ELSE AND CITING THEIR MISTAKE, NOT YOURS

I had no problem with you until you started childish name calling for no good reason at all
Image
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 158
Joined: 2 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: yarr

Postby mikebal9 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:46 pm

I don't care who you were quoting. You act all superior cause you've been here longer. That's not cool. You need to chill out. People come here for advice and you sh1t on them if they ask in the wrong place or they ask something htat might have already been discussed. Again, not cool.
mikebal9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 153
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Field » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:56 pm

mikebal9, don't worry about it. I think people are just getting frustrated because this forum has already covered and refuted the same exact strategy which you were describing numerous times especially recently. If you don't access the site daily you might want to try a search they can be helpful ;-D
Not new to the cafe, just a new account.
Field
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

User avatar

Posts: 12
Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:01 pm

Field wrote:mikebal9, don't worry about it. I think people are just getting frustrated because this forum has already covered and refuted the same exact strategy which you were describing numerous times especially recently. If you don't access the site daily you might want to try a search they can be helpful ;-D


you may intend well, field, but you're wrong.

the forum has not refuted the strategy because, well, it's right. it's a bit more complicated than, "my opponent is playing x so i should play y" but it is sound. the only refuting of it has been BH saying, "huh huh... that's lame" and vaderfin chiming in, "yah, yah... lame! lame!! fire!!!!! fire!!!! huh huh heheheheehehehe!!!!"
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2398
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:30 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact