Auditioning for Jeopardy... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Auditioning for Jeopardy...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auditioning for Jeopardy...

Postby Kilroy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:03 am

The Show's doing a contestant search here in PHX and I'm auditioning on the 22nd of January. I was wondering if anyone here at the Cafe had ever participated in one (a Jeopardy audition), and if so if they had any pointers.

Wish me luck. :-?

What is Larry Johnson?

Who is Joey Galloway?

Where is Ralph Wilson Stadium?

Maybe I better broaden my horizons. :-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:22 am

That's cool that you are trying out. I have never done so although it might be an interesting experience...

I just did a quick search on the subject, and this seems like a pretty comprehensive "pointer" on the audition. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:14 am

Mercer Boy wrote:That's cool that you are trying out. I have never done so although it might be an interesting experience...

I just did a quick search on the subject, and this seems like a pretty comprehensive "pointer" on the audition. ;-D

Thanks Mercer. Already have that bad boy printed out so I can read, re-read, and re-re-read it. I'm tryin' to bone up on subjects I'm not real familiar with. (Art and Shakespeare could kill me. History, Science, Geography, and of course Sports I feel like I'm pretty solid in, so I'm kinda just "polishing". Thing is, between the holidays and the fact that football season isn't over yet (I know that I should be reading SOMETHING besides the Injury Forum, yet here I is. :-D ) I'm probably only gonna get about 3 weeks of b***s-to-the-wall studying in. At least my boss is understanding (I think she's more jazzed about it than I am).

H**l, I'm learnin' right now (There's a freaking SCRABBLE tournament on ESPN! I thought I'd seen it all when Rock Paper Scissors was on FSN, but No.........)

Once again though, thanks for lookin' out. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:45 am

That's pretty cool man...No real advice, since I have no idea what it's like or what to expect.

But that said man, Good Luck! Hope it goes well...I would love to hear about how it went afterward. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:14 am

Good luck and have fun! ;-D

(Oh wait, should I have phrased that as a question? :-b )
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:15 am

You should probably read the entire dictionary and then the encyclopedia britnaica A-Z and then memorize all the words that begin with the letter W. Then watch White Men Can't jump and figure out what rosie perez is reading. But pause the movie when she's in bed for the gratuitous nip shot ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:32 am

Redskins Win wrote:You should probably read the entire dictionary and then the encyclopedia britnaica A-Z and then memorize all the words that begin with the letter W. Then watch White Men Can't jump and figure out what rosie perez is reading. But pause the movie when she's in bed for the gratuitous nip shot ;-D

"Alex ... I'd like Nip Shot for 20" :-b
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:39 am

-I'll take "The Rapist" for 600 Alex....

-That's Therapist Mr. Connery....

But seriously, I'm a big fan of Jeopardy.....good luck man...let us know how it turns out ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:42 pm

LOL! "what is a quince"... :-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hastur » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:11 pm

I hear Goosing Alex gets you special consideration.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to General Talk