John Madden 2004 for Psx2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

John Madden 2004 for Psx2

Moderator: Football Moderators

John Madden 2004 for Psx2

Postby GreenBay4Life » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:58 pm

Love this game play it all the time. Any tips anyone can give when playing someone? Looking for help going to be in a tournment. thanks

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:04 pm

That Game is AWESOME!! i dont play online, i could if i want to, i played a hella lot online last year but becuz of the Owner Mode in Franchise mode this year i've been stuck on my franchise. Its awesome, i play like 2-3 games a day. Even if i have to play at midnight to 2 or whatever in morning becuz i work i dont care i always find time. Its sooo addictive. i love it. LOVE IT!!!
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:08 pm

I don't know about the PS2 version, but I was highly disappointed with the XBox version. Turnovers happen far too often in that game. We played 3 consecutive games, and had at least one team with 4+ turnovers each time. I think there were 10 or 11 in one of the games. It's just ridiculous, because the majority of the scoring came from fumbled kick returns, fumbled QB sacks, and the defenses were scoring more often than either team's offense.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby arrbez » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:19 pm

have you guys tried the Sega/ESPN football 2k4? it's even better than last year. you can play first-person! you have no idea how fun it is to see the look on the D's face as you run them over with ricky williams...
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:23 pm

The game is built soooooo realistically in all-madden, I think that's why you're having problems with turnovers.

It's realistic in that, if you make a bad decision and throw into a heavy zone, it'll be picked off. In madden '03, you could get away with tossing the ball into double coverage repeatedly, but in '04, if you throw into coverage, you pay. If someone leaves their corners in the flats and you try and throw a flat route, you can bet your ass it's gonna be an INT taken to the house, and that's your own fault for throwing it right to the DB.

Pass d is also better fit to do very well vs. the pass and very poorly vs. the run. So if you don't mix it up, and pass every down, and your opponent calls pass d every play, you can bet your ass your gonna throw alot of INT's. But if their calling pass d, and you're running the ball, you'll get 8-10 yards a pop.

2004 on all-madden mode punishes the cheesers who just line up in shotgun everyplay and lob it up to whoever is running a streak on that play. If you're turning the ball over too much, it's because you're not playing sim foootball. If you don't want to play sim football, and rather arcade, then play on rookie or pro setting.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:48 pm

I agree with Free Bagel. At first i got frustrated throwing 4 picks per game when i first got the game. But that makes it WAAY HARDER AND BETTER. Cuz if they drop it all the time it will be too easy. I put the A.I. on Interceptions all the way up as well so they COULD TRY to intercept my passes even more to make it more competitive. Now i usually throw 0-2 picks a game. Never more than that. Usually like 1 pick, but thats ok cuz i use Bucs and there D is Incredible. I love it that the comp. can get more turnovers. As for Fumbles, i dont see too many of those. Even though i do get my sacks on the QBs, fumbles are still rare like last year in my opinion. But thats ok. But overall the Defense is hugely inproved

QB McNair, Steve (QB-Ten)
QB Maddox, Tommy (QB-Pit)
WR Johnson, Chad (WR-Cin)
WR Price, Peerless (WR-Atl)
WR Taylor, Travis (WR-Bal)
RB Williams, Ricky (RB-Mia)
RB Faulk, Kevin (RB-NE)
TE Jolley, Doug (TE-Oak)
Bench Buckhalter, Correll (RB-Phi)
Bench Anderson, Mike (RB-Den)
Bench Freeman, Antonio (WR-GB)

Kickers