Blackjack Feedback - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Blackjack Feedback

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dolfin99 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:59 pm

The only players I would remove are the players on IR. I have seen too many times during the year where a player was listed as quest and played.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:54 am

danielrp wrote:The only players I would remove are the players on IR. I have seen too many times during the year where a player was listed as quest and played.

Ditto on the IR. I remember one week I had to draw 10 and I think I only scored like 7 points due to byes and the IR.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby menyak » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:54 am

jayday wrote:EDIT...one more thing, are you saying that by extending the deadline, people will be able to make picks after the Saturday games have been played? That's fine with me, as long as players that played in the Saturday games are taken out of the deck.....

Yep, that was the idea.

WickedSmaat wrote:
danielrp wrote:The only players I would remove are the players on IR. I have seen too many times during the year where a player was listed as quest and played.

Ditto on the IR. I remember one week I had to draw 10 and I think I only scored like 7 points due to byes and the IR.

To be realistic, that probably won't happen. MCG has already fairly much on his plate with maintaining the game, and manually weeding out all the IR players would definitely add to that. Plus, it could delay the start of weekly threads, bring about complaints if someone is overlooked, etc. Safer and more consistent to let everyone know that it's their own job to check, period.

But I could always raise the number of cards you're allowed to take. :-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:18 am

menyak wrote:But I could always raise the number of cards you're allowed to take. :-)

;-D

That seems like a good idea - I'm sure it can't be limitless from a programming perspective, but maybe increasing it to 20 players, so if a person ended up drawing 4 QBs, 4 players on IR, and a few repeats, they wouldn't be out of luck. The number of players peopple pick doesn't change my job at all since I just enter the points every player scores, so allowing people to draw more would be a nice fix.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:35 am

MCG321 wrote:
menyak wrote:But I could always raise the number of cards you're allowed to take. :-)

;-D

That seems like a good idea - I'm sure it can't be limitless from a programming perspective, but maybe increasing it to 20 players, so if a person ended up drawing 4 QBs, 4 players on IR, and a few repeats, they wouldn't be out of luck. The number of players peopple pick doesn't change my job at all since I just enter the points every player scores, so allowing people to draw more would be a nice fix.

Agree, this is a very good idea.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:17 am

i would love to see the limit raised. i reached my limit at least 5 times this year and dont think i cracked 21 in any of them, but wished to take more cards....mostly due to injuries/byes/QBs.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:22 am

Yep... I would raise the limit.

I also kind of wish the computer could somehow organize the scores... that would make it easier on MCG and also get our scores in quicker... but I guess it's all good.

I like the idea of QBs scoring some points... maybe 1 or 3...
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:06 am

Oooh, I like the new "average score" feature you added. Another piece of data to help make things more maddening! }:-) ;-D

Although an "opponents allowed average vs. position" would probably be more beneficial in helping gauge a potential score... :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:44 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Although an "opponents allowed average vs. position" would probably be more beneficial in helping gauge a potential score... :-?

Hehe, who said it was there to help? }:-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:20 pm

Another thing I forgot to ask about...would there be a way for the system to only cross out players that have already played/games started and still allow players from later games?

Yeah, I'm stupid enough for forgetting to put the picks in (twice), but is there really that much of an advantage to only pick players from teams in late games? :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk