Blackjack Feedback - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Blackjack Feedback

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby menyak » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:12 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Another thing I forgot to ask about...would there be a way for the system to only cross out players that have already played/games started and still allow players from later games?

Yeah, I'm stupid enough for forgetting to put the picks in (twice), but is there really that much of an advantage to only pick players from teams in late games? :-?

I'll look into it - no promises, though. :-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:50 pm

I enjoy the whole avg. scores thing, that's cool. ;-D

But it ticked me off when I took three players and the 1st 2 busted me, you shouldnt be able to bust with just 2 players, because those two are out of your control. It factors in alot of luck.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:48 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:I enjoy the whole avg. scores thing, that's cool. ;-D

But it ticked me off when I took three players and the 1st 2 busted me, you shouldnt be able to bust with just 2 players, because those two are out of your control. It factors in alot of luck.

A way to erase this problem would be that if your first two cards bust you you only get the value of 1 card. Another option is only the 1's place from each card so 18+ 12 would be 10 points. I'm sure you can figure something out as this really is the most "unblackjack" like feature of the game. As for injuries... as long as there are enough available cards injuries should be your own problem.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby menyak » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:12 am

PACKman1144 wrote:I enjoy the whole avg. scores thing, that's cool. ;-D

Actually we discussed that during the season - the proposed fix was to start with a single card, not two cards. Turned out though that virtually EVERYBODY would take at least two cards to start with, so even if you could control it, you wouldn't play it any differently.

Notice that you actually took a THIRD card? Basically proves what I say. Thinking that you would play differently if you had a choice is an illusion, and the fact that certain players may score more (or less) than you thought is what the game is all about. :-?
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Cafe Games Talk