Advice greatly appreciated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Advice greatly appreciated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Advice greatly appreciated

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:54 pm

So please, what do you think?
It's a 14 team league and I had the 2nd pick overall in a snake format...

Starters Bench

QB A. Brooks NO QB V. Testaverde NYJ
RB A. Green GB RB D. Levens PHI
RB J. Lewis BAL RB S. Hicks TEN
WR K. Johnson TB WR M Robinson CHI
WR D. Jackson SEA WR A. Freeman ?
WR T. Taylor BAL K K. Brown HOU
TE B. Chamberlyn MIN D TEN
K J. Nedney TEN
D PHI

Thanks

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:58 am

Your QB's look real good.

RB's may need some help.Good picks with Green Lewis,but Levens and Hicks may not be able to be counted on as backups.

Keyshawn won't find the endzone much,but he'll pile up yardage.I think Robinson's goinna breakout for a season like his rookie season.Jackson and Freeman look good.I think Freeman will have a good year.Taylor and Brown may not be reliable receivers either,possibly check out the FA list for more reliable options.

Byron's a great TE who'll help you out alot with your receiving corps.

Nedney's a decent kicker who'll fill the position well.

Eagles are the #3 pre-season ranked defense,so your set there.
n_tremain23

Postby cwebb » Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:48 am

Yeah, your backup RB situation isn't too good but if your starters stay healthy you should win a lot of games...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Picklejuice » Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:29 pm

I appreciate the feedback -

We went through 16 rds, & with 14 teams there isn't much left on the waiver wire. So any improvement has to be made through trades. I am thinking of going after a better RB somehow. I gotta keep Green, but does anyone else look like good trading block material?
Picklejuice
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

great team.....what was your draft order

Postby blewis » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:39 pm

I myself am in a 14 team league where we are draftiing 16 rounds. I have the 2nd overall pick and I am taking Ahman Green...which I assume you did as well. I think that your team looks freaking amazing for a 14 team league and only hope that I will end up with a lineup like yours. Was wondering if you would possibly post what order you drafted the players on your team???
blewis

Friendliness: %

Postby Picklejuice » Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:15 pm

Thanks blewis, I appreciate the compliment
Here's how it went down. And for the record a 14 team draft is much different than a 10 or 12 team draft, and i don't think everyone recognizes that.

rd 1 A Greene (by the time my 2nd pick come close A LOT of RB's gone)
rd 2 K. Johnson (imagine his yds from last years with some TD's, Gruden will get him the TD's if he has to QB himself)
rd 3 A. Brooks (Gannon and Bledsoe were about all that was left on the QB board by this point and although I wanted to take a WR originally, many quality ones were still on the board.
rd 4 J. Lewis (Travis henry was the only other decent player on the board - I may have gambled but I can accept that)
rd 5 D. Jackson (I think this was big steal at this rd)
rd 6 D. Levens (not a starting RB left, and being from Philly I know Staley won't cut it this year)
rd 7 B. Chamberlyn (Gonzalez and Shockey went before and i wanted to have a good TE secured before the run started)
rd 8 T. Taylor (with a TE run in effect I got a good deal on a #1 reciever for my #3 slot - at least 5 guys went "who?"
rd 9 V. Testaverde
rd 10 Eagles D
rd 11 M. Robinson
rd 12 J. Nedney
rd 13 A. Freeman (he hadn't yet signed, but again being from Philly I was about 80% sure he'd be catching McNabb TD's at some point)
rd 14 Titans D
rd 15 Skip Hicks

I would love to have a more reliable #2 RB than Lewis, but with a 14 team league no one has a great RB/RB combo except the guy who drafted #9 and lucked out w/ C Dillion and E James. James went pretty late in my opinion but I don't think its going to be typical.
Picklejuice
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby terpfan » Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:20 pm

i agree that jackson was a HUGE still in round five. even without dilfer.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk