Is Reggie Bush the answer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Francisco 49ers

Is Reggie Bush the answer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is Reggie Bush the answer

Postby water boy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:35 pm

I would like to see the 49ers get him but would the 49ers be better off getting the second or third pick in the draft and go after one of the stud offensive lineman.Do you think Reggie could help this offense??

thanks SJNez46 for the sweet sig
water boy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:46 am

While I don't believe any one player can turn a 2-12 team into a playoff contender, I do think adding an exciting and intelligent player like Reggie Bush would be a step in the right direction simply because of the attention he would demand on game day. If Alex Smith is to have a chance in this league he's going to need someone to take some of that pressure off of him. Of course, then he'd need a better O-Line, that goes without saying. With adequate cap room now, free agents should be out there and I hope 9ers management decide to be active in the offseason.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby MadScott » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:30 pm

I would like for us to end up with the first pick in the draft this year, but not to select Reggie Bush. Teams are going to be willing to pay a premium this season in draft picks for the 1st overall pick unlike last season. Whether someone wants to select Leinhart or Bush or Vince Young should he come out, someone will be interested enough in the pick to give us decent depth and value in the draft or future drafts.

A Barlow/Gore backfield will end up serviceable enough for us. Our bigger issued lie in a key spot or two on the Oline and in our secondary. I do agree that it is time to part with Kwame Harris, so tackle is a must add, IMO. Newberry is also now a huge question mark for us going forward. Baas may be able to play the position, but we should look at a G/C in the draft as well. CB in particular is another big need area. I'd like to see us draft a hand full of guys much like the Broncos did this year.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:50 pm

Vernon Davis is the answer. A playmaker TE is all Alex Smith needs ;-D

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Return to San Francisco 49ers