greatest rock album of all time? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

greatest rock album of all time?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DUKE » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:33 pm

josebach wrote:Here's another one I played to death. All of their CDs were good, but this was the best.

Nice ;-D I got into them back in the day when The Real Thing came out and have been listening to them ever since. Saw them live once, where Jim Martin (the "Real" FNM guitarist) seemed to have a few too many, fell off a scaffold, and got right back up without hardly missing a note. ;-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Great Gambini » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:01 pm

Metroid wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:I'm starting to like The Clash more and more. I don't dislike Creed, but to mention them in the same breath as Zeppelin and the Stones for best rock album ever? C'mon.

Mentioning Creed in the same breath as Zeppelin or the Stones is grounds to be drug out behind the tool shed.

I'll try and forget you posted this gibberish.

Huh? I was referencing bagobonez mention of Creed as ridiculous. Not sure where you got me agreeing with him from?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:52 pm

Metroid wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:I'm starting to like The Clash more and more. I don't dislike Creed, but to mention them in the same breath as Zeppelin and the Stones for best rock album ever? C'mon.

Mentioning Creed in the same breath as Zeppelin or the Stones is grounds to be drug out behind the tool shed.

You know what's funny is that you people keep forgetting this thread is entirely opinion based. You act as if I'm not entitled to my own opinion. There is no wrong or right here, it's just opinions. And for the record, Creed's quantity of #1 hits and their record sales speak for themselves.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby statsman88 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:52 pm

Well, I'm more into softer rock so:

Zep Vl or Zoso or Signs or whatever you wanna call it , its amazing
AC/DC Live
DMB-Crash (I don't care if you consider it rock, its amazing)
Cat Stevens- Greatest Hits or Gold
Jack Johnson-Brushfire Fairytales
Hootie and the Blowfish-Cracked Rear View

Everything else has been menched, but I had to menchen Zeppelin again just cause I think thats the best of all.
Last edited by statsman88 on Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
statsman88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:42 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Huh? I was referencing bagobonez mention of Creed as ridiculous. Not sure where you got me agreeing with him from?

My bad Gambini I must have read through you post much too quickly and fingered you as the one with poor music taste. :-t For that I would like to appoligize. You have the right to take me out behind the tool shed.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:55 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Metroid wrote:

You know what's funny is that you people keep forgetting this thread is entirely opinion based. You act as if I'm not entitled to my own opinion. There is no wrong or right here, it's just opinions. And for the record, Creed's quantity of #1 hits and their record sales speak for themselves.

You know you are entitled to your own opinion....and I'm entitled to tell you Creed sucks major arse. Seriously to compare Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bohnam(possabily the greatest drummer of all time) to any of the tools from Creed is a joke. And I'm not much of a Stones fan but....dude you have got to be kidding. Oh yeah and check the quantity of #1 hits by Zep and the Stones and ther record sales....that speaks for itself.
Metroid

Postby moonhead » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:54 am

Metroid wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
Metroid wrote:

You know you are entitled to your own opinion....and I'm entitled to tell you Creed sucks major arse. Seriously to compare Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bohnam(possabily the greatest drummer of all time) to any of the tools from Creed is a joke. And I'm not much of a Stones fan but....dude you have got to be kidding. Oh yeah and check the quantity of #1 hits by Zep and the Stones and ther record sales....that speaks for itself.

also the climate of the music industry is totally different between the 20 years. the difference between a gold album in 1975 and a gold album in 1995 is ridiculous. the disposable income between the two generations is not even comparable. so record sales is inconsequential. that has no bearing on this discussion. that is not a valid point of argument. period.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:23 am

moonhead wrote:
Metroid wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
Metroid wrote:

also the climate of the music industry is totally different between the 20 years. the difference between a gold album in 1975 and a gold album in 1995 is ridiculous. the disposable income between the two generations is not even comparable. so record sales is inconsequential. that has no bearing on this discussion. that is not a valid point of argument. period.

Much agreed moon. Would you please take my back agianst this blasphemy on our rock and roll gods. Can I get an Amen!?!
Metroid

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:34 am

bagobonez wrote:You know what's funny is that you people keep forgetting this thread is entirely opinion based. You act as if I'm not entitled to my own opinion. There is no wrong or right here, it's just opinions. And for the record, Creed's quantity of #1 hits and their record sales speak for themselves.

You can't really take #1 hits seriously anymore. Awhile back, record companies started selling the singles of popular songs for $.49 and $.99 to bump up sales. When I managed a record store awhile back, we were told to push the sales of these singles as "add-ons". People wouldn't come in intending to purchase the single, but when offered a copy of a song they liked for that cheap, most folks will say "sure, why not".

You're absolutely correct about this being opinion-based, though. We all have our favorites that go against what most people are listing here (a couple of my favorite albums of all-time that will make others cringe are Def Leppard's Hi and Dry and the Scorpion's Love at First Sting).

EDIT: I think the difference is, while certain albums are my favorites, I couldn't justify calling them the "best of all time" which is what this thread is about.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:06 am

So has Anyone mentioned ZZ TOP? Tres Hombres and DEGÜELLO are a couple of my absolute favorites.
Billy Gibbons is one of the greatest blues/rock guitarists currently walking the planet.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk