greatest rock album of all time? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

greatest rock album of all time?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby LT Blue Colt » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:50 pm

Metroid wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Metroid wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
Metroid wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:I'm starting to like The Clash more and more. I don't dislike Creed, but to mention them in the same breath as Zeppelin and the Stones for best rock album ever? C'mon.

Mentioning Creed in the same breath as Zeppelin or the Stones is grounds to be drug out behind the tool shed.

I'll try and forget you posted this gibberish.

You know what's funny is that you people keep forgetting this thread is entirely opinion based. You act as if I'm not entitled to my own opinion. There is no wrong or right here, it's just opinions. And for the record, Creed's quantity of #1 hits and their record sales speak for themselves.

You know you are entitled to your own opinion....and I'm entitled to tell you Creed sucks major arse. Seriously to compare Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bohnam(possabily the greatest drummer of all time) to any of the tools from Creed is a joke. And I'm not much of a Stones fan but....dude you have got to be kidding. Oh yeah and check the quantity of #1 hits by Zep and the Stones and ther record sales....that speaks for itself.

also the climate of the music industry is totally different between the 20 years. the difference between a gold album in 1975 and a gold album in 1995 is ridiculous. the disposable income between the two generations is not even comparable. so record sales is inconsequential. that has no bearing on this discussion. that is not a valid point of argument. period.

Much agreed moon. Would you please take my back agianst this blasphemy on our rock and roll gods. Can I get an Amen!?!

Yeah, but, mentioning Creed isn't all that bad. I mean I really don't like 'em, but some folks do. I mean, I've been watching this thread the whole way through and have been amazed at the number of bands, and albums, that I don't even know. I guess that should leave me with out an opinion to give, but that's not really fair. Or fair to others.
I mean I'm the biggest AC/DC fan you'll find around. I also like Sabbath, the Stones, Eagles, CCR, Hendrix and a lot of others. I'm not a huge fan of Zep, too repeatative in my opinion. And I've never been able to get into the Beatles stuff either. But it all depends on what your ear enjoys. We shouldn't badger people away from posting what they feel this threads about. So, somebody hasn't or has listened to the beginners of rock n' roll. Maybe they just didn't suit them, and find Creed to be more their liking. That's fine with me. I'll give Creed a little respect for being a 3 piece band that can hold a good beat. That's a challenge. But, they just dont' do it quite as well as Cream did. :-b
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:04 pm

Excellent post LT.

But I still say Creed sucks.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:09 pm

Metroid wrote:But I still say Creed sucks.

Me too ;-D

And I can't believe LT Blue thinks Zep is repetitive, to me, that's just insane.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:25 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
Metroid wrote:But I still say Creed sucks.

Me too ;-D

And I can't believe LT Blue thinks Zep is repetitive, to me, that's just insane.

I think what he really means is "repetitively amazing" or "I could listen to them repetitively over and over again." Seriously! What else could he have possibly meant by that? O:-)
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LT Blue Colt » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:18 pm

Hey, you guys know what I mean. Like AC/DC, they're songs all sound the same. It's just one catch's my ear and the other doesn't. Don't worry, I've got a good friend who's a die hard Zep fan, and whenever he's home there's at least one night at the bar we control the jukebox and argue. The rest of the bar doesn't seem to mind though. :-b
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:13 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:they just dont' do it quite as well as Cream did. :-b

Oooooyah, Disraeli Gears, another good one...and Blind Faith (self titled)...and Slowhand...and...
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:40 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:Hey, you guys know what I mean. Like AC/DC, they're songs all sound the same.

I'm not knocking you cause it seems you have decent taste and construct your arguments well. But can you seriously tell me that Thank You and Heartbreaker, two classics back to back on Zeppelin II, sound the same? Or that Communication Breakdown goes hand in hand with Tangerine? I doubt it.

I've seen Robert Plant live. And trust me, the crowd reaction of holding up lighters to Going to California is much different than everyone eargasming and throwing up in joy when they hear the Whole Lotta Love riff. Zeppelin was totally versatile, and could do many different sub genres. Except whatever it is they were trying to do with The Crunge. :-P
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moonhead » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:44 pm

Nilmerf wrote:
LT Blue Colt wrote:Hey, you guys know what I mean. Like AC/DC, they're songs all sound the same.

I'm not knocking you cause it seems you have decent taste and construct your arguments well. But can you seriously tell me that Thank You and Heartbreaker, two classics back to back on Zeppelin II, sound the same? Or that Communication Breakdown goes hand in hand with Tangerine? I doubt it.

I've seen Robert Plant live. And trust me, the crowd reaction of holding up lighters to Going to California is much different than everyone eargasming and throwing up in joy when they hear the Whole Lotta Love riff. Zeppelin was totally versatile, and could do many different sub genres. Except whatever it is they were trying to do with The Crunge. :-P

where is that confounded bridge? :-D :-P
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:52 pm

Nilmerf wrote:

Yeah, there is much difference between all those. But, Thank You, Tangerine, and Going to California all have that mello Zep feel and sound to 'em. As well as Heartbreaker, Communication Breakdown, and Whole Lotta Love which have their more upbeat and rockin' vibe. More my taste. And maybe that's just it. Maybe Zep just isn't my cup of tea. Actually I know their not. But, I've try several times to get into 'em, due to the fact of their popularity, but it just doesn't work. I hear a song that doesn't sound like anybody else I know, and always presume it must be Zepplin which is where I get that repeatative feel from. They're just a band with a very unique sound, that give them a very defined signature that can't be misplaced. Which is always my arguement to my buddy. And he always wonders, "well couldn't you say the same about your beloved AC/DC?" Without a doubt. But, they get my foot stomping and my head bobbing. :-b What a mystery. :-?
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Popcynical » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:24 am

"Dark Side of the Moon" Pink Floyd
"Band of Gypsies" Jimi Hendrix
"The White Album" The Beatles
"The Doors" The Doors
"In the Court of the Crimson King" King Crimson
"The Velvet Underground & Nico" The Velvet Underground