The Funny Picture Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

The Funny Picture Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Funny Picture Thread

Postby josebach » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:11 am

An honest opinion.

I have a couple buddies at work who were going on and on about Dane Cook. Anyway, one of them lent me a tape that I "had to check out". Well...

90% of his material is not in the slightest bit funny, but the way he presents it is. In other words, he's all flash and no substance.

Overall, I'm not a fan and I'd have to say he's alright at best. As an actor, he's even worse than that. His performance in Mr Brooks was borderline embarassing. :-o To be fair, he did a passable job in Dan in Real Life and Employee of the Month.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: The Funny Picture Thread

Postby josebach » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:15 am

Quoted instead of edited. I we todd it.

To summarize... am I a Dane Cook Fan? No, but I don't hate him either. I'm pretty much indifferent.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: The Funny Picture Thread

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:21 am

josebach wrote:An honest opinion.

I have a couple buddies at work who were going on and on about Dane Cook. Anyway, one of them lent me a tape that I "had to check out". Well...

90% of his material is not in the slightest bit funny, but the way he presents it is. In other words, he's all flash and no substance.

Overall, I'm not a fan and I'd have to say he's alright at best. As an actor, he's even worse than that. His performance in Mr Brooks was borderline embarassing. :-o To be fair, he did a passable job in Dan in Real Life and Employee of the Month.


you thought employee of the month was passable? maybe that acting coulda passed in a romantic comedy in the mid 80s... I'll give you dan in real life though... :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: The Funny Picture Thread

Postby josebach » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:24 am

treat24 wrote:
josebach wrote:An honest opinion.

I have a couple buddies at work who were going on and on about Dane Cook. Anyway, one of them lent me a tape that I "had to check out". Well...

90% of his material is not in the slightest bit funny, but the way he presents it is. In other words, he's all flash and no substance.

Overall, I'm not a fan and I'd have to say he's alright at best. As an actor, he's even worse than that. His performance in Mr Brooks was borderline embarassing. :-o To be fair, he did a passable job in Dan in Real Life and Employee of the Month.


you thought employee of the month was passable? maybe that acting coulda passed in a romantic comedy in the mid 80s... I'll give you dan in real life though... :-)


Passable, I didn't say good. I thought it was entertaining... and I liked that little motorcyle he drove. :-b

Dan in Real Life was a good flick. VERY contrived, but still quite enjoyable. I like Steve Carell as a serious actor.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: The Funny Picture Thread

Postby knapplc » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:09 am

josebach wrote:Dan in Real Life was a good flick. VERY contrived, but still quite enjoyable. I like Steve Carell as a serious actor.

Yeah? I'm watching that tonight with the wife. She was pretty unhappy about Superbad, so hopefully DIRL is good. I'm on thin ice picking movies right now.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: The Funny Picture Thread

Postby josebach » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:44 am

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:Dan in Real Life was a good flick. VERY contrived, but still quite enjoyable. I like Steve Carell as a serious actor.

Yeah? I'm watching that tonight with the wife. She was pretty unhappy about Superbad, so hopefully DIRL is good. I'm on thin ice picking movies right now.


Both my wife and sister-in-law loved it. It's more of a chick flick, so if she likes those kind of movies, she'll more likely than not like it. ;-D
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: The Funny Picture Thread

Postby The Lung » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:21 am

Image

gets me everytime. so many questions.
The Lung
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9850
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Disgusted with Mocha Bean

Re: The Funny Picture Thread

Postby Metroid » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:23 am

That awesome Lung....I needed that laugh. :-b ;-D

Where do you keep coming up with these "WTF pics?" :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: The Funny Picture Thread

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:39 am

treat24 wrote:^^^ wow, I'll admit I was a dane fan from the beginning. I was one of the first 1000 to buy Harmful if swallowed and same for retaliation... I've been to see him a couple times (Denver and Minneapolis)... own all his cds, etc... About a year or so ago... maybe less, I stopped liking him. When I went to the MN show, I didn't even laugh once... so I stopped caring about him. That being said... you must be a HARDCORE dane fan or something... cuz I've never heard nor seen that joke you just posted... you musta searched hard for that one to make your point if you aren't...


Haha...

I made it up. Pretty weak effort on my part, I was just annoyed the Canucks missed the playoffs. :-P
Image
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2022
Joined: 6 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Funny Picture Thread

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:44 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:
treat24 wrote:^^^ wow, I'll admit I was a dane fan from the beginning. I was one of the first 1000 to buy Harmful if swallowed and same for retaliation... I've been to see him a couple times (Denver and Minneapolis)... own all his cds, etc... About a year or so ago... maybe less, I stopped liking him. When I went to the MN show, I didn't even laugh once... so I stopped caring about him. That being said... you must be a HARDCORE dane fan or something... cuz I've never heard nor seen that joke you just posted... you musta searched hard for that one to make your point if you aren't...


Haha...

I made it up. Pretty weak effort on my part, I was just annoyed the Canucks missed the playoffs. :-P


i was wondering... that's even funnier now!... It actually sounds more like jerry seinfeld mixed with dane cook... :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:46 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact