The Funny Picture Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Funny Picture Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:09 am

From personal experience I can tell you that this graph is completely, utterly true. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:19 am

knapplc wrote:Image
From personal experience I can tell you that this graph is completely, utterly true. :-b

I used to drink coffee all day long, but now I stop after the first pot. I usually drink about 8-10 (8 oz) cups of coffee a day during the week and none at all on the weekend. As soon as I start needing coffee 7 days a week, I'm cutting waaaaay back.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:18 pm

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:23 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Image

lol, that is funny. ;-D :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:36 pm

josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:Image

I used to drink coffee all day long, but now I stop after the first pot. I usually drink about 8-10 (8 oz) cups of coffee a day during the week and none at all on the weekend. As soon as I start needing coffee 7 days a week, I'm cutting waaaaay back.

Your doctor will tell you that's too much. :-/ :,-(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:09 pm

The perfect chair for baseball fans:

An oldie, but a goodie:

Who said soccer isn't dangerous???

Sign spotted in a church:
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby niblet » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:49 pm

I don't know why, but this made me laugh more than I've ever laughed before. It isn't even that funny. Just childish humor, which is probably why it's funny.

niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:54 pm

niblet wrote:I don't know why, but this made me laugh more than I've ever laughed before. It isn't even that funny. Just childish humor, which is probably why it's funny.

I don't know man. Should we be posting pics with that word on it?
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby niblet » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:03 am

SeaWolf wrote:
niblet wrote:I don't know why, but this made me laugh more than I've ever laughed before. It isn't even that funny. Just childish humor, which is probably why it's funny.

That's the whole point. It's only the word dick. People have been named that. It's just when it's used in that context, and it seems so weird that it's a food. You know those times things are so not funny that they become funny? This is one.
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:13 am

niblet wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

That's the whole point. It's only the word dick. People have been named that. It's just when it's used in that context, and it seems so weird that it's a food. You know those times things are so not funny that they become funny? This is one.

The Oxford Companion to Food comments that, strictly speaking, "spotted dick" is made by taking a flat sheet, spreading sugar and raisins on it, then rolling it up. A similar dessert is "spotted dog," a plain cylinder of suet paste with the raisins and currants and sugar stuck into it, so that the spots are visible on the outside. Both spotted dick and spotted dog were traditionally boiled (or even steamed) in a cloth, but nowadays they are usually baked.
The dessert is slightly different in Ireland. In Ireland in the late 1800s, the tradition of yeast-bread manufacture was not strong, so most breads were raised with bicarbonate of soda and an acid, rather than with yeast, and thus called soda breads. Thus, the spotted dick in Ireland is sweet soda bread, with sugar, currants, and raisins, and it's also called the spotted dog or railway cake.

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk