The Funny Picture Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

The Funny Picture Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:09 am

Image
From personal experience I can tell you that this graph is completely, utterly true. :-b
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby josebach » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:19 am

knapplc wrote:Image
From personal experience I can tell you that this graph is completely, utterly true. :-b


I used to drink coffee all day long, but now I stop after the first pot. I usually drink about 8-10 (8 oz) cups of coffee a day during the week and none at all on the weekend. As soon as I start needing coffee 7 days a week, I'm cutting waaaaay back.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:18 pm

Image
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:23 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Image

lol, that is funny. ;-D :-b
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:36 pm

josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:Image
From personal experience I can tell you that this graph is completely, utterly true. :-b


I used to drink coffee all day long, but now I stop after the first pot. I usually drink about 8-10 (8 oz) cups of coffee a day during the week and none at all on the weekend. As soon as I start needing coffee 7 days a week, I'm cutting waaaaay back.


Your doctor will tell you that's too much. :-/ :,-(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:09 pm

The perfect chair for baseball fans:
Image

Image

An oldie, but a goodie:
Image

Image

Who said soccer isn't dangerous???
Image

Sign spotted in a church:
Image
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby niblet » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:49 pm

I don't know why, but this made me laugh more than I've ever laughed before. It isn't even that funny. Just childish humor, which is probably why it's funny.

Image
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 456
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I-O-W-A

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:54 pm

niblet wrote:I don't know why, but this made me laugh more than I've ever laughed before. It isn't even that funny. Just childish humor, which is probably why it's funny.


I don't know man. Should we be posting pics with that word on it?
Image
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4620
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Time to FEED THE BEAST!

Postby niblet » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:03 am

SeaWolf wrote:
niblet wrote:I don't know why, but this made me laugh more than I've ever laughed before. It isn't even that funny. Just childish humor, which is probably why it's funny.


I don't know man. Should we be posting pics with that word on it?


That's the whole point. It's only the word dick. People have been named that. It's just when it's used in that context, and it seems so weird that it's a food. You know those times things are so not funny that they become funny? This is one.
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 456
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I-O-W-A

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:13 am

niblet wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
niblet wrote:I don't know why, but this made me laugh more than I've ever laughed before. It isn't even that funny. Just childish humor, which is probably why it's funny.


I don't know man. Should we be posting pics with that word on it?


That's the whole point. It's only the word dick. People have been named that. It's just when it's used in that context, and it seems so weird that it's a food. You know those times things are so not funny that they become funny? This is one.


The Oxford Companion to Food comments that, strictly speaking, "spotted dick" is made by taking a flat sheet, spreading sugar and raisins on it, then rolling it up. A similar dessert is "spotted dog," a plain cylinder of suet paste with the raisins and currants and sugar stuck into it, so that the spots are visible on the outside. Both spotted dick and spotted dog were traditionally boiled (or even steamed) in a cloth, but nowadays they are usually baked.
The dessert is slightly different in Ireland. In Ireland in the late 1800s, the tradition of yeast-bread manufacture was not strong, so most breads were raised with bicarbonate of soda and an acid, rather than with yeast, and thus called soda breads. Thus, the spotted dick in Ireland is sweet soda bread, with sugar, currants, and raisins, and it's also called the spotted dog or railway cake.

Image
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:42 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact