The Funny Picture Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Funny Picture Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:09 am

SeaWolf wrote:The first time I went to Las Vegas my wife (gf at the time) wanted to go up the Stratosphere, I got off the elevator. The walls are windows, so it looks like you could step right of the edge of the floor and fall to your death. I turned around a rode the elevator back down to ground level.

I hear you. We went up the Eiffel Tower two years ago because it's the Eiffel Tower and that's what you do. Last year we went again and I was NOT going to go back up there. In even a gentle breeze you can feel that sucker moving.

But my little girl begged and everyone in our group gave me a hard time so I went.

Dumb move again. I got vertigo up there and had to put my back against the inner wall up top and I felt all funky and weird.

I just don't see the fascination with going up on big buildings like that. Yeah the view is nice but if you slip, you die.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:41 am

knapplc wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:The first time I went to Las Vegas my wife (gf at the time) wanted to go up the Stratosphere, I got off the elevator. The walls are windows, so it looks like you could step right of the edge of the floor and fall to your death. I turned around a rode the elevator back down to ground level.

I hear you. We went up the Eiffel Tower two years ago because it's the Eiffel Tower and that's what you do. Last year we went again and I was NOT going to go back up there. In even a gentle breeze you can feel that sucker moving.

But my little girl begged and everyone in our group gave me a hard time so I went.

Dumb move again. I got vertigo up there and had to put my back against the inner wall up top and I felt all funky and weird.

I just don't see the fascination with going up on big buildings like that. Yeah the view is nice but if you slip, you die.

My wife's afraid of heights too. She gets an upset stomach seeing me on the roof cleaning the gutters or something.

Remember the story of the glass platform overlooking the canyon?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:15 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
knapplc wrote:

My wife's afraid of heights too. She gets an upset stomach seeing me on the roof cleaning the gutters or something.

Remember the story of the glass platform overlooking the canyon?

Yeah, I am still waiting to see if that really happens. That would be sweet. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:15 pm

Madison wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Madison wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Madison wrote:Is that really a grass court up there? 8-o

It's the helicopter pad. It's not really a tennis court.

So then they rolled out a carpet for that? Ok, that does change it up a bit then. I'd definitely give that a shot, but I'd be staying away from the edges and not up there very long. :-b

NO WAY would I do that. I'm terrified of heights. Even those pictures of the guys near the edge freak me out a little.

I wouldn't even go up in that building, let alone go out on that Helipad.

And tennis out there? Not in a million years. :-o :-o

The more I think about it, the more I'd have to do it. I'd be scared as heck, but I'd have to do it once. :-D

I was thinking the same thing. I would totally have to give it a shot. I wouldn't be my normal hyperactive tennis fool. I would probably look more like a 60-year old who just stands there and plays from a 3-foot circle. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:18 pm

joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:36 pm

Wow. 8-o :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:28 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I think it's awesome. I think America needs more monuments. This is cool.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm going on it. But I still think it's cool.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:33 pm

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I'd step out on it. 8-o

I wonder if they have a drainage system for all of the people that pee their pants after they step out onto it. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:46 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I'd step out on it. 8-o

I wonder if they have a drainage system for all of the people that pee their pants after they step out onto it. :-b

Yeah, I'd love to get up there too. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:47 pm

Well, it won't be as fun as this would be, but I am going to go play tennis anyway. (with 40-MPH winds though, I don't think I would want to play up there today.) 8-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk