Sleeper pick of tha season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleeper pick of tha season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sleeper pick of tha season

Postby J Money » Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:31 am

B-) C'mon, yall know who's goin all tha way, tha REDSKINS, look for Rod Gardner, Stephen Davis, and La'var Arrington to have a breakout seasons, leading tha skins to tha bowl!!!!!
J Money
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:06 am

Hmm... The division (NFC East lite, I guess...) should be pretty interesting, but aiming for the bowl might be a bit optimistic. Still, the Skins will be fun to watch once again. ;-D
Last edited by Arlo on Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ned » Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:01 pm

As a long time 'Skins fan, I would love to see them do well. Of all the things that Spurrier will bring to the team, I hope the biggest thing will be pride in the organization. Of all the great things that Jack Kent Cooke did for the team, pulling them out of RFK, even to go into a great stadium he built with his own money (perhaps the greatest simultaneous display of ridiculous wealth and incredible class - no whining for public funds - that pro sports has ever seen) has been, I think, a huge factor in the teams lack of success in recent years. There used to be a mystique about playing against the 'Skins in RFK. They need some kind of 'intangible' back and perhaps Spurrier is the one to bring it to them.

Super Bowl bound? Possibly, but frankly I'll be happy if they start next season with the same coaching staff!
Ned
Water Boy
Water Boy

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:15 pm

The Skins won't even win their division. Gardener having a breakout year, give me a break. The skins have no qb or proven wr. It's sad when J.Green is the best wr on the team. Davis is the workhorse and heart of this team. If the skins win more than 6 games I will be very suprised. Sorry but the truth hurts.

Friendliness: %

Postby Ned » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:20 am

It's true that the offense is unproven at best, except for Davis and the sick tandem of Jansen and Samuels on the line. However, their defense could easily be good enough to keep every game close enough for them to win it. The Ravens did much the same during their Super Bowl season. This is especially true considering that the only team in their division with a truly explosive offense is the Eagles.
Ned
Water Boy
Water Boy

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

super bowl champs

Postby BIGTONE » Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:30 pm

As usual, the team that everyone fails to mention will win it all. That team being the EAGLES, of course! McNabb will be better. The defense will sign Levon Kirkland, who will take a few weeks to get into shape, but will wreak havoc in everyone's offensive backfield. This great defense will get better. The skins will be another bust this year.
BIGTONE

Postby Arlo » Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:38 pm

I like the Eagles this year, but I think Jeremiah Trotter will be sorely missed... Any attempt to improve on last year's defense starts and ends with trying to replace him.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ned » Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:45 am

I agree, I think Kirkland is past his prime and is no replacement for Trotter. That said, I like the way the NFC East is shaping up this season. Dallas is getting it's act back together, post-Aikman and NY still has a decent team. It should be a competitive year, which I like. I think the NFC East and AFC West are the two best divisions in the NFL when it comes to rivalries and division games meaning more than other games. Sure the AFC East is always super competitive, but I've never gotten the feeling that any of those teams really just don't like each other. As long as people aren't taking it personally, I love to trade barbs with Dallas, Philly and Giants fans! And you haven't seen rivalry until you've lived in Kansas City when the Raiders come to town.
Ned
Water Boy
Water Boy

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Sleeper

Postby BBreaud1@aol.com » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:24 pm

I think Duece McCallister is a great sleeper pick. He will surprise a lot of people this year>Dont pass him up if you get a chance
BBreaud1@aol.com

Postby Bubba08 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:56 am

IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEONE MENTIONED THE BOYS COMIN' BACK TO TOWN IN THE NFC EAST... GENTLEMEN, LET ME ASSURE YOU THAT THEY ARE INFACT BACK, AND YOU'LL SEE IT THIS YEAR. AND ALL YOU REDSKIN HOPEFULLS I'M SORRY TO TELL YOU YOU CAN SPEND ALL THE MONEY YOU WANT...YOU CAN'T BUY A FRANCHISE TO WIN SUPERBOWLS IT TAKES HEART THAT YOU JUST DON'T HAVE. YOU CAN DRAFT THE BEST LB IN FOOTBALL SINCE LT...HE WON'T HELP.... YOU CAN TRY BRINGING IN EXPERIENCED VETERANS LIKE BRUCE SMITH.. HE COULDN'T HELP. YOU CAN TRY AND KEEP DARRYL GREEN TILL HE'S 55 AND HE WON'T HELP. YOU CAN TRY BRINGING IN A VETERAN COACH LIKE SCHOTTENHEIMER (ARE YOU SERIOUS???) NOW YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THE ANSWER BY DIPPING INTO THE COLLEGE POOL TRYING TO COPY WHAT THE BOYS DID WITH JIMMY JOHNSON. LET ME ASSURE YOU THAT SPURRIER IS NO JIMMY AND THAT'S WHY THE REDSKINS WILL NEVER BEAT THE COWBOYS LIKE THEY HAVEN'T IN THE PAST 9 GAMES..... ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS ROY WILLIAMS HAS ALL YOUR RECEIVERS UP ON HIS WALL AND HE'S COMIN FOR THEM. THEY REALLY CAN'T RUN AND THEY CAN'T HIDE. THE DOOMSDAY DEFENSE 2002 IS HERE AND AMERICA'S TEAM IS HERE TO TAKE THEIR DIVISION BACK.
Bubba08

Next

Return to Football Talk