Do the games end with the regular season? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Cafe Games Talk

Do the games end with the regular season?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do the games end with the regular season?

Postby jayday » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:54 pm

Or do they extend into the playoffs? If not, are there other games in place for the playoffs? :-?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5459
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:33 pm

The games keep going into the playoffs! ;-D

Pick3 playoffs start as soon as we get there, Sweet 16 will go into the playoffs until we have one winner or until we get to the Super Bowl, and the Lucky Ladders game starts a weird process in which we create a backwards ladder starting with the wild card games (it will be explained later).

I'm not sure on Blackjack, though. :-/

I think we will also play another variation of Sweet 16 where we pick guys we think will score TD's in the playoff games. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby jayday » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:11 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:The games keep going into the playoffs! ;-D

Pick3 playoffs start as soon as we get there, Sweet 16 will go into the playoffs until we have one winner or until we get to the Super Bowl, and the Lucky Ladders game starts a weird process in which we create a backwards ladder starting with the wild card games (it will be explained later).

I'm not sure on Blackjack, though. :-/

I think we will also play another variation of Sweet 16 where we pick guys we think will score TD's in the playoff games. :-)

Thanks for the explanation....that variation of Sweet 16 sounds cool too....I wish I would've played regular Sweet 16 this year....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5459
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby menyak » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:54 am

jayday wrote:Thanks for the explanation....that variation of Sweet 16 sounds cool too....I wish I would've played regular Sweet 16 this year....

Well, it was your last chance. :-/ No Sweet 16 anymore for ya guys next season. In 2006 we'll be doing something new. ;-)
Image
Image
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3444
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Offline on even days

Postby jayday » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:01 am

menyak wrote:
jayday wrote:Thanks for the explanation....that variation of Sweet 16 sounds cool too....I wish I would've played regular Sweet 16 this year....

Well, it was your last chance. :-/ No Sweet 16 anymore for ya guys next season. In 2006 we'll be doing something new. ;-)

Why? Why? Whhhhyyyyy?!?! Now I'll never get my LifeSaver icon :~( :-b But seriously, what's the reason Sweet 16 is getting the axe?

So what's in store for next year? Or is it Top Secret? ;-)
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5459
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:13 pm

Well, I had no idea that was happening. If it is going away, my guess is that it was getting a little too easy to do well in since there haven't been many upsets.

If nothing it'll probably come back in a different, more "challenging" form. }:-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby menyak » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:37 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:If nothing it'll probably come back in a different, more "challenging" form. }:-)

Indeed. ;-D The way it's now, the game depends too much on upsets, and if they don't happen, it more or less breaks the game (no offense to the 80 or so folks still standing, but actually I'm not so sure anymore that we'll be able to crown a winner this year ;-) ). We got some nastier twists on the menu for next year, and once we're at it we thought it might be a good opportunity to rename the game so it's the same across all Cafes.
Image
Image
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3444
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Offline on even days


Return to Cafe Games Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 19:27 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact