2006 Top Five Picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2006 Top Five Picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:50 am

Cool analysis...but why didn't you add it to my thread? :~( O:-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shader » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:24 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:If SA were to leave Seattle, where would you rank Maurice Morris if he were to be a full-time starter? Top 15?

If Morris were announced the starter, I think he'd be a 3rd-4th rounder. He has proven nothing. He might be injury prone, he might struggle at short-yardage and lose carries to Mack Strong..who knows?

The real question is if Reggie Bush will be a top ten pick.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VaderFin » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:42 pm

Shader wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:If SA were to leave Seattle, where would you rank Maurice Morris if he were to be a full-time starter? Top 15?

If Morris were announced the starter, I think he'd be a 3rd-4th rounder. He has proven nothing. He might be injury prone, he might struggle at short-yardage and lose carries to Mack Strong..who knows?

Only if you like losing your fantasy football league.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:19 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Shader wrote:

Only if you like losing your fantasy football league.

Hey Shader, would you like to join my league next year? We have an opening...

Nah i'm just playing man but no he will not be a top 10 pick next year (in fantasy)
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:24 pm

Realize that a Top 10 RB could go in the first round. NO WAY do I want this "second-coming of Payton/Emmitt" (ha!) to be the cornerstone of the franchise.

How do the rankings change if Priest does the not-so-suprising decision of staying in the NFL another year?
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:37 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:How do the rankings change if Priest does the not-so-suprising decision of staying in the NFL another year?

Wouldnt the questions surrounding Roaf, Shields, and Vermeil have a bigger impact on LJohnson?

I honestly think you guys ranking LJ as high as you are right now without considering the serious OLine issues KC has - let alone the fact that their coach is probably gone after this season, are really jumping the gun. This situation has so many holes and questionmarks, it just seems silly to rank him that high unless EVERYTHING works out for the best during the offseason, and I just cant see that happening.

As for Bush - Id say it really depends on the team that drafts him more than anything else. If he lands in a great situation (ie - IND or SEA trading up for him and having him be their feature RB from day 1), I have no problem ranking him near the top 10 - but then again, thats a longshot to put it mildly. If SF, HOU, or another team with serious OLine issues drafts him - which is likely - I doubt I would draft him since his pricetag will likely be too rich for my outlook on him.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby henryhormann » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:59 pm

You can analyze all you want to: LJ was dominant. His last three games he racked up huge numbers against Top 10 run defenses, the last opponent was #1 against the run and prior to that Denver was #1 vs. the run till they were torched by LJ. A routine start for him was 2 TD's and 160 yards. I'd be willing to take a chance that he'll remain productive, Roaf or no Roaf. (And yes I've seen all the stats re. when Roaf plays and doesn't play...)

LT is great but what did he get anyone when it counted?

My rankings are
1. SA
1A. LJ
3. LT2
henryhormann
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:17 pm

henryhormann wrote:LT is great but what did he get anyone when it counted?

My rankings are
1. SA
1A. LJ
3. LT2

Tomlinson was hurt with rib problems since Week 13; you can't just assume he's going to "choke" in the last weeks of the year every time it comes around.

Let's look at what he did in Weeks 15 and 16 last year, shall we?
'04 Week 15 - 26 rush, 111 yards, 2 TD; 1 rec, -5 yds
'04 Week 16 - 21 rush, 81 yards, 1 TD; 5 rec, 95 yds, 1 TD

How's that for getting it done in the fantasy playoffs? :-?

Do people really have that limited of a memory when it comes to players? We're talking about the guy who tied the NFL record for most weeks in a row with a TD (something like 18 straight games). He is a threat both in the run and pass game, and apparently now he even likes to throw TD's. He's probably the most physically talented RB in the league also. As long as he's healthy, he's going to put up numbers dang near every week.

The only reason I (tentatively) put Alexander ahead of Tomlinson on my board was because the teams in the NFC West are much weaker, the Seattle line is unbelieveable, and Alexander seems to be the god of 1 yard TD's and should be good for 18-25 TD again next year. I can't see them doing much worse next year unless there is a major injury.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby henryhormann » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:25 pm

That's pretty good, Mercer Boy. I wish I had the time to compare that with LJ's numbers for weeks 15 and 16 this year, I bet LJ's are as good or better, though.
henryhormann
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:27 pm

I'm actually a bit surprised at LJ being mentioned as top 5 so early. Has everyone completely forgotten Priest Holmes? You have to assume at this point he will be back and at best for LJ there will be an RBBC approach next season. If something comes out later that changes this, fine. But this is asking who would be top 5 for next season as of right now, and right now Priest is still a KC Chief and I don't like those odds.

1-2) SA/LT (This will flip-flop all over)
3) Edge
4) Tiki
5) Caddy

Of course as was previously stated, this can change drastically depending on what happens with Edge and SA, but as of now, assuming they stay put, this is my list.

Maybe everyone is upset at the mid-season injury woes that Caddy endured, but he started with a bang and finished that way...in the playoffs when you need him. Next year will likely only get better and has to get top 5 consideration at this point.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk