I feel sorry for everyone still playing in week 17 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I feel sorry for everyone still playing in week 17

Moderator: Football Moderators

I feel sorry for everyone still playing in week 17

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:17 pm

I was in 6 leagues this year and they all ended in week 16. The reason for this is because week 17 is historically the week that some players sit out or only play half games due to their team already clinching a playoff seed. It happened with Indy in week 16 but it will happen with more teams in week 17. I just feel sorry for all the owners that will end up losing a week 17 super bowl because they started a player who ends up playing only half a game or less.

I'll NEVER join a league that plays its super bowl in week 17.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:20 pm

Our league's Super Bowl was week 16, however our playoffs start week 12 and regular season totals are still tabulated through week 17. Currently in first but with 2nd most points, playing 2nd place/most points team (just by the way scheduling happened) in week 17 with the regular season title (and half the cash prize) on the line. Fortunately for me, his team is more affected than mine.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:28 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:Our league's Super Bowl was week 16, however our playoffs start week 12 and regular season totals are still tabulated through week 17. Currently in first but with 2nd most points, playing 2nd place/most points team (just by the way scheduling happened) in week 17 with the regular season title (and half the cash prize) on the line. Fortunately for me, his team is more affected than mine.

How does that work? You play your super bowl in week 16 but still have a game in week 17? If your regular season totals run through week 17, do the teams that didn't make the playoffs still play through week 17? I don't get it.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:13 pm

So far I've read that Indy, Seattle, Chicago, Jacksonville & Denver all might sit some players in week 17.

I also read that Cincinnati & Pittsburgh could rest players if they get up big.
flotsamnjetsam

Postby VaderFin » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:52 pm

I feel sorry for you guys who don't get to play fantasy football anymore for this season. Must suck.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:04 pm

VaderFin wrote:I feel sorry for you guys who don't get to play fantasy football anymore for this season. Must suck.

Doesn't suck at all. Playoffs with 5 out of 6 teams. Championship game with 4 teams. 2 wins.

I'm SO glad that I don't have to play one more game with half my players possibly sitting out in week 17. That's what sucks.
flotsamnjetsam

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:01 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:Our league's Super Bowl was week 16, however our playoffs start week 12 and regular season totals are still tabulated through week 17. Currently in first but with 2nd most points, playing 2nd place/most points team (just by the way scheduling happened) in week 17 with the regular season title (and half the cash prize) on the line. Fortunately for me, his team is more affected than mine.

How does that work? You play your super bowl in week 16 but still have a game in week 17? If your regular season totals run through week 17, do the teams that didn't make the playoffs still play through week 17? I don't get it.

That's right. So if you're in the playoffs, you play 2 opponents a week -- a regular season one that counts for the standings W/L records, and a playoff one.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:15 pm

I agree that week 17 games bite. I'm up against a guy in my big money league who has Hasselbeck while I have Alexander. God only knows if either will play at all, or at least enough to warrant a start.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:24 pm

God forbid anyone would have to use a little strategy and pick up someone other then a stud like SA or LT and use your knowledge of football both real and fantasy to win even when your normal stars get benched. I love the challenge.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:26 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I feel sorry for you guys who don't get to play fantasy football anymore for this season. Must suck.

Doesn't suck at all. Playoffs with 5 out of 6 teams. Championship game with 4 teams. 2 wins.

I'm SO glad that I don't have to play one more game with half my players possibly sitting out in week 17. That's what sucks.

Oh yeah, my must suck comment wasn't meant as a "you suck at fantasy football" comment but a "it must suck to not play cause your league is over" comment.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk