Top 5/Bottom 5 Head Coaches of '05 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 5/Bottom 5 Head Coaches of '05

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby michaelavelli » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:39 pm

Yeah, Dolphins beat the Chargers, Chargers beat the Colts. I guess the Dolphins were the best team in football this year.

Oh wait, the Browns beat the Dolphins, who beat the Chargers, who beat the Colts...so I guess the Browns were the best team in football, right?

The NFL doesn't work that way, sorry.

I didn't say "WAY" out of reach, I said out of reach. If the Patriots had played their starters the Dolphins would have been 8-8, Patriots 11-5, and this conversation about AFC East Division Champion Miami Dolphins would not be taking place. Therefore, the division, this year, was "out of reach".

I never said the Dolphins can't contend for the division next year. I happen to think that they can. I just said, it was out of reach for them this year.

That being said, Miami played their starters and were given a game by our JV team. That should concern you.

MATT CASSEL WHADDA STUD.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:57 pm

Chill out, your team's going to the playoffs and his isn't...you don't have to "prove anything". Just enjoy the Pats' playoff run.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:44 pm

michaelavelli wrote:Yeah, Dolphins beat the Chargers, Chargers beat the Colts. I guess the Dolphins were the best team in football this year.

Oh wait, the Browns beat the Dolphins, who beat the Chargers, who beat the Colts...so I guess the Browns were the best team in football, right?

I didn't say "WAY" out of reach, I said out of reach. If the Patriots had played their starters the Dolphins would have been 8-8, Patriots 11-5, and this conversation about AFC East Division Champion Miami Dolphins would not be taking place. Therefore, the division, this year, was "out of reach".

I never said the Dolphins can't contend for the division next year. I happen to think that they can. I just said, it was out of reach for them this year.

That being said, Miami played their starters and were given a game by our JV team. That should concern you.

MATT CASSEL WHADDA STUD.

Exactly. And the fact that the Dolphins dont have any QB waiting in the wings - Your relying on Ferrote next season again? Let me know when you have a 3 time winning SB champ running the Dolphins offense...
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Marlins#1 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:40 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
michaelavelli wrote:Yeah, Dolphins beat the Chargers, Chargers beat the Colts. I guess the Dolphins were the best team in football this year.

MATT CASSEL WHADDA STUD.

Exactly. And the fact that the Dolphins dont have any QB waiting in the wings - Your relying on Ferrote next season again? Let me know when you have a 3 time winning SB champ running the Dolphins offense...

Calm down buddy, If dolphins didnt loose that close game to the pats, that final game woulda been for the divison. The pats are getten hugely over rated for the playoffs right now.Dan Patrick (espn) said this 5 weeks ago, the Pats are gona look great down the strech, and everyone is gona jump on the bandwagon again.(He called it). If you listen to the radio, everyones sayen Pats & Colts are the teams to beat in the playoffs. LMAO, how the hell are the pats being even mention in the same sentence as the colts this season. If it wasnt for Bryons injury, Pats would be a big underdog to the Jags. Who went 12 - 2 vs the leauge, (0-2 vs the colts) ;-7

Jags D , is gona stomp on Brady this weekend ;-D You heard it from me.

Also, you say if the pats played there starters they would win?? How would you know. The Bills last season needed to win vs the Steelers and guess what ,They lost to the steelers third strings. This is the NFL, anything can happen.
Marlins#1
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:39 am

Marlins#1 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:

MATT CASSEL WHADDA STUD.

Calm down buddy, If dolphins didnt loose that close game to the pats, that final game woulda been for the divison. The pats are getten hugely over rated for the playoffs right now.Dan Patrick (espn) said this 5 weeks ago, the Pats are gona look great down the strech, and everyone is gona jump on the bandwagon again.(He called it). If you listen to the radio, everyones sayen Pats & Colts are the teams to beat in the playoffs. LMAO, how the hell are the pats being even mention in the same sentence as the colts this season. If it wasnt for Bryons injury, Pats would be a big underdog to the Jags. Who went 12 - 2 vs the leauge, (0-2 vs the colts) ;-7

Also, you say if the pats played there starters they would win?? How would you know. The Bills last season needed to win vs the Steelers and guess what ,They lost to the steelers third strings. This is the NFL, anything can happen.

Couple of points:

1. Jaguars had the easiest schedule down the stretch and the only winning team they faced were the Colts who they lost to on their homefield. Shall we review who they played after their bye?

Rams
Houston
Baltimore
Titans
Arizona
Browns

Colts - LOSS
49ers
Houston
Titans

A couple jump out at me.

2. The point is the Dolphins still lost that game. The last game meant nothing and the Dolphins couldnt even keep a third string QB from throwing a TD. Way to go at stopping third string players.

3. So the radio and TV are now the gospel? Whatever Dan Patrick says goes right? (Insert your favorite smiley here - ;-7 ). I could care less what Dan or any other reporter says, until the champs are knocked out, they are still the team to beat. Perhaos you should look at how Peyton has faired in the playoffs in his career (especially vs the Pats). Let me know what you find. Plenty of reasons why you mention the Pats in the same sentence as the Colts.

4. Leftwich is playing this weekend and nothing would make the Pats underdogs - at home, Brady is 9-0 in the playoffs, playing an inexperienced Jags squad. And why would they be underdogs even if Leftwich was 100% healthy? Who is 100% healthy this time of year?

5. Join the PBC this week for the Patriots game. I cant wait for you to wear a paperbag. ;-D That is of course if you are confident in a Jaguars victory...
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:59 am

The Jaguars will beat the Patriots and the Dolphins will win the division next year. I would put a huge sum.. like $10, on it.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby michaelavelli » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:05 am

Marlins#1 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:

MATT CASSEL WHADDA STUD.

lol. You know, it's pretty easy to say something and then support it by saying "anything can happen". Wow, insightful stuff.

The Bills are not the Patriots. And again, with the JV team losing 28-26 to the Phins yesterday, I feel pretty good about Tom Brady winning 40 - 13.

Under no circumstances would the Jaguars be in the first round of the playoffs, come to New England, and be a road favorite. Sorry, just not possible.

And I'll take that bet, $10. Did you see the Pats schedule next year? Wow.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:46 am

The Great Gambini wrote:Chill out, your team's going to the playoffs and his isn't...you don't have to "prove anything". Just enjoy the Pats' playoff run.

Which may end rather quickly :-b
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Marlins#1 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:40 pm

I guess Indy shouldnt deserve being ranked number one cas of there schd. also. What about seattle, look at there divison. What about the bears, look at who they played. I guess all these teams should be ranked below the pats cas of who they played. ;-7 Ohh yeah, lets not forget the Pats, played vs the Phins twice, Jets twice and the Bills twice. That should be 6s win rigth there. :-b
Marlins#1
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:47 pm

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=221871

Marlins - Join the PBC

And last I looked, the Bills and Phins were better than Houston (played twice), Tennessee (played twice), 49ers, and Browns.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk