NFFL-32 team auction league/$3250 Grand Prize- 1 Spot left!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

NFFL-32 team auction league/$3250 Grand Prize- 1 Spot left!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFFL-32 team auction league/$3250 Grand Prize- 1 Spot left!!

Postby tcpain » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:56 pm

If you are interested in joining a new and exciting brand of Fantasy Football, read below:

"OK Guys, we have every thing in place for the new High stakes league(just in time for Christmas,lol). Everything is set up and ready to go. We need just a few more to fill up the league.

I dont want to go over every rule here but here are some of the highlights:

1. Will be using MFL so most owners will find it easy to work site.

2. The entry fee is $200 this year and will be automaticly increased to $250 next year.We are putting it out now so every owner knows before he even joins what the entry fee will be.

3. We are looking to have the league set up like the real NFL ie 32 teams,teams names,divisions,etc.(like team names being Las Vegas RAMS,TC TEXANS.) Right now we already have 8-9 owners so we are well on our way. Right now we feel that we can find atleast 24 owners fairly easy for the first year.

4. Payouts(based on 32 teams now) will be this:

Super Bowl Winner- $3250
Runner -up- $1300
Conf. Championship Loser- $400
2nd round playoff loser- $100
1st round playoff loser- $50
Weekly high scorer-$30
Weekly low scorer-owes $15 (total due at end of season-will minus from any winings or added to next years entry).

5.This will be an auction league. Max. cap is $100. 16 max.Roster spots and 1 IR.Very flexible starting linups(see website).Using this for our drafting tool-
http://www.fantasyauctioneer.com/proxy? ... 20050&help

6.Scoring can be seen on website:
http://football.myfantasyleague.com/200 ... 76429&O=09

All the other option can be seen on webiste:
http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/76429

for addition league rules:
http://football.myfantasyleague.com/200 ... 76429&O=26

To check out our own personal message forum:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/tcpain

If you have any questions please feel free to ask away to either PM or email me. If you want to join please send one of us email or post here so we can have idea how many Cafe owners we have playing before opening up to many slots to non Cafe owners."

***Football Cafe Forum Readers****
We are looking to fill this league in the next 3 or 4 weeks. If you are interested please email me and I will give you my phone# to answer any questions. This should be about a $3500 payout for 1st place so get in now before it fills up. We currently have 17 committed owners with about 10 more expected to join out of our current 24 team league.
Brad Edmonston
Commissioner- NoltexFFL, Real Deal NFFL
Last edited by tcpain on Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Brad Edmonston
Commissioner-Real Deal NFFL, Real Deal MLB, Real Deal CFFD (Dynasty)
cburgess6@comcast.net
Co-Commissioner-Real Deal vs. Cafe (Real Deal = 1 / Cafe = 0)
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tcpain » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:14 am

We now have 17 spots filled and its only been 2 weeks!!

This league is based in the Houston area so if you live around here and are interested, email me at mailto:cburgess6@houston.rr.com.
Last edited by tcpain on Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Edmonston
cburgess6@comcast.net
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby tcpain » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:15 pm

Guys, I have listed below all the league bylaws we have so far. Issues to still be decided by a league vote are: 1)Home field advantage 2) How teams will acquire rookies each year 3) Payment options(paypal or mail) Read below if you are interested!!

Auction Dates: Will be set, so mark it down today. The (NFC) will draft on the second Sunday in August 2006 @ 12:00 noon . The (AFC) will draft the third Sunday in August 2006 @12:00 noon. If there are 6 or more owners that cannot make it we will have a alternate date on the last Sunday in August. So you have two dates that can be possible. We are looking at a $100 salary cap with no contracts. During the auction the minimum bids for each player will be $1. Bid can only be increased in increments of $.25

Offseason Salary Cap: By May 31st you will have to drop your team below the "offseason cap". We are looking at the "offseason cap" being $50. Every year each players salary will be increased by $1. For example: LT is making $35 this year, his salary will be autmatically increased to $36 for 2006. Each owner will not be able to make any offseason moves until all money is in for the upcoming season.

Trade Deadlines: You may not start trading until March 1st each year in the offseason. HOWEVER, YOU MAY NOT MAKE A TRADE UNTIL ALL MONEY IS PAID FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON. This is to protect a team from being dealt away and then the owner drops out of the league. The in-season trade deadline is going to be the Thursday after Week 8. So to make it simple, the trade window begins March 1st each year and ends on Thursday, 10:00 PM CST after Week 8 games are finished.

Money: $200 will be due on May 1st 2006, since this is the first year, I want all money in early. It will give us an idea of who is in and not in. That will give us time to find a new owner if we need to. I suggest everyone get their money in March, around the time trading begins, that way if something bad happens you are in the clear. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AUCTION WITHOUT YOUR MONEY IN.

I choose to spread these dates out because I do not want owners waiting till the last minute to pay. their needs to be some urgency, and our league need to have confirmation that you are playing. Come March I will be reminding owners to get their money in. That allows them to have a couple of months to get finances in order. I want all money to be in, so I do not have to worry about it come season time.

Filling Lineup:

All lineups must be filled. I am setting the site up so that no "partial lineups will be allowed". The main thing we do not want is owners getting complacent and just starting players on byes. The punishment for not starting a full lineup of "active" players is automatic "weekly low scorer" which is a $15 penalty.

We are a highly competetive league with a bunch of money at stake. It is important to me, and most of my owners I spoke to have everyone play to win each and every game. I know some of you are going to give it your best effort at the end of the year, but I do expect everyone to start a full lineup.

Injured Reserve: We will have 1 injured reserve spot. A player cannot be put on our IR unless he is really on the Official NFL Injured Reserve.

Trading:

We will keep the system of a trade is a trade. We will have some basic rules though. When you are making a trade, you must be under the cap at all times. Even in the offseason up until the auction draft each year.. Since the offseason cap will be considerably lower than the regular season cap, you must take that into consideration. So remember that if you are taking on a big salary via trade. THERE WILL ONLY BE PLAYER FOR PLAYER TRADES. NO CASH OFFERS FOR PLAYERS WILL BE CONSIDERED VALID.

Waiver Wire: We will be using a blind bidding waiver wire that runs from kickoff of the first game each week through Wednesdays at 8 PM CST. The website will then award each FA player to the highest bidder. A "locked" player is one that is released by any owner until said player passes through blind waivers. If a player is not bid on during the blind bidding process, he is then released to the FA market. All free agents are available from Wednesdays at 11PM CST until kickoff of each week. Each FA will have a value of $2 assigned to them and will be added to your team salary cap when you sign them.

Roster Limits: Each team shall have 16 players total on their roster at finish of auction. During the season you can have less that 16 but you must have enough players to fill 1 complete starting lineup. You will have 9 starters each week using FLEX roster. A basic starting lineup will consist of 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, and 1 DEF. I have decided to go with the FLEX option to cover teams having injury problems and bye week issues. Our scoring system is setup for balance so it shouldn't affect week to week scoring too much. Your minimum starting lineups will consist of 1QB,1RB,2WR,1TE,1PK, and 1DEF. So you could have a lineup looking like this(1QB/1RB/3WR/2TE), or (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE), (1QB, 1RB,4WR,1TE), (1QB, 2RB,2WR,2TE). As you can see there are many options to play with. As long as you have 6 starters amongst the RB,WR, & TE positions you are clear. MINIMUMS: You must have at least 1 starter at each of the RB & TE positions. You must also have at least 2 WR starting each week.

Annual Rule Changes: Any rule changes shall be submitted and discussed in the annual league meetings. The meetings each year will be after the league entry fee due date. That way all paid owners have a say in any rules changes that might take effect. Rule changes should be submitted via email or on the league message board during the first couple of weeks in May. At the end of May, before the off-season cap is met, the submitted rule changes will be voted on. A 65% approval must be met for a rule to change. If an owner does not submit a vote, then he is counted as a "no" vote.

League Schedule: We will be using the real NFL schedule each year. That way it guarantees the random schedule along with divisional rivalries. So when the Texans are playing the Colts in the real NFL, they will be playing them in our league also. We will play a 12 week regular season with doubleheaders in 4 of those weeks!! Makes for a little excitement throughout the season!!! So each team will play 16 games in 12 weeks to fully utilize the NFL real schedule.

Home Field Advantage: We will award each team with 3 points when playing at home.

Playoff Eligibility: Total of 6 teams per conference make the playoffs(4 division winners + 2 wild cards per conference). Wild card teams will be based on overall winning percentage. If there is a tie for the wild card spots, we will use 1. Head to head matchups, 2. Conference Winning Pct., 3. Total Points to break the tie.

Payouts (based on 32 teams)-

Super Bowl Winner- $3250 / Runner-up $1300 / Conf. Champ Losers $ 400 / 2nd RD Losers $100 / 1st RD Losers $50.
Last edited by tcpain on Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Edmonston
cburgess6@comcast.net
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby lushmd » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:22 am

Hey tcpain, some friends and I may be interested, but I have a few questions/suggestions re your league:

(1) Why have two separate drafts (NFC and AFC)? How will you determine which teams are assigned to which conference (can FF teams in the AFC only draft AFC players?)? To me, it makes more sense to have a single draft.

(2) As regards the roster, instead of going with such a flexibile setup, why not require a basic lineup (i.e. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST) and then have a single RB/WR/TE flex position?

(3) To more closely mimic the NFL, why not have an unlimited IR (i.e. if a player on your FF team goes on IR in the NFL, he should be able to be put on IR in FF)? I mean, bench space goes only so far and this limits waver wire opportunities (and hence money into league).

(4) Given that I am on the east coast and unable to meet you in person, how can I be certain/relatively certain re your bona fides (no offense intended)?

Thanks.
lushmd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tcpain » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:22 pm

I will answer your questions in the order you asked:

1) The reason for 2 auctions is to better distribute talent across both leagues. Each NFL player can be on one team per conference. This allows both conferences to be run somewhat indepentently while having the feel of a 32 team league. I play in a current 24 team league that does this and with only 12 teams talent is scarce on the FA market. So in this league with 16 teams in each conference, talent will be more scarce. Also, we don't like team/owner turnover in the offseason, the design as set up allows team owners to feel they have a realistic chance to rebuild quickly. At $200 a year, this is a must.

2)As for lineups: I "do" have a required lineup!! The basic lineup is as follows: 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, and 1 DEF and these are minimum requirement for each week. We will use 2 Flex positions to better utilize each owners strengths. If you want to use the "Run and Shoot" then start 4 WR!! But you still must have 1 RB and 1 TE in the lineup. If your team strength is your RB, then start 3 of them. But you must have 2 WR and 1 TE to go with them. Me and 2 Co-commissioners signed off on this and all rules for the first year are solid. We allow for owner input to rule changes in May each year and require a 65% approval from the league to pass a rule change.

3) As for the IR: Each team has 16 roster spots as it is plus 1 IR. 16 teams X 17 players = 272 players. That gives each team plenty of options to replace an injured player. We installed the 1 IR to give each owner a fair chance at replacing a player and have somewhere to put a star if he gets injured. But your idea could be put into play after you are in the league. In March 06' we will have one big YahooIM conference for the whole league where owners can suggest any changes they would like to see. All 3 Commissioners will be present and receptive to any and all requests pertaining to the league. We developed this league to be run by the "owners" as a group so if you like participating, this is the league for you.

4) Location- We have multiple owners on the east coast as well. You can email me and I will give you their emails if you would like to speak with them about the league. They are also in my other 24 team league as well. We all wanted to start a higher stakes league to be a replica of the NFL and have huge payouts. They will be happy to respond or talk with you. I also will respond ASAP and you and your friends can call me. Just email me at mailto:cburgess6@houston.rr.com and I will give you my phone #!

All owners in this league are all over the world so far. We have a guy in Kenya(Armed Services) and in Vegas. We also have guys in New Jersey along with Oklahoma and all the way down to Houston where the base of the league is at. Thanks for your response and keep in touch!
Brad Edmonston
cburgess6@comcast.net
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby tcpain » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:42 pm

We now have 18 committed owners. Once we get full we will have an online Yahoo IM conference to determine a few rules that I want voted on by the league.

Let me know lush!!!
Brad Edmonston
cburgess6@comcast.net
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby tcpain » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:00 pm

If any of you guys want to team up having multiple owners run 1 franchise, you can do that also. Feel free to contact me for details!! We now have 19 teams claimed. Only 13 left!!
Brad Edmonston
cburgess6@comcast.net
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby tcpain » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:39 pm

We have now totally completed formation of our own message board. Check it out and see what you think!!

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/tcpain
Brad Edmonston
cburgess6@comcast.net
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby tcpain » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:41 pm

This league is forming nicely. We only have 1 guy who has less than 10 years exp. playing FF.

This will be a "locked up" league for years to come!!!
Brad Edmonston
cburgess6@comcast.net
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

12 teams left to choose

Postby tcpain » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:26 pm

Here are the teams still available:

1) Buffalo Bills (AFC East)
2) NY Jets (AFC East)
3) Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC North)
4) Baltimore Ravens (AFC North)
5) Cleveland Browns (AFC North)
6) Indianapolis Colts (AFC South)
7) Jacksonville Jaguars (AFC South)
8) NY Giants (NFC East)
9) San Francisco 49rs (NFC West)
10) Detroit Lions (NFC North)
11) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFC South)
12) Atlanta Falcons (NFC South)

As you can see, the NFC is almost full. We need some AFC owners, so if you live in one of those cities or are a big fan of one of those teams, join our league!!

I guarantee you won't regret it!!! By next year we will have a Super Bowl payout over $5000!!!! For only a $200 entry fee, that is a bargain!!!
Brad Edmonston
cburgess6@comcast.net
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Next

Return to Classifieds