Flannel Awards - Post your FF Heros and Zeros - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Flannel Awards - Post your FF Heros and Zeros

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flannel Awards - Post your FF Heros and Zeros

Postby A Flannel Shirt » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:16 pm

I've been dwelling on posting this for quite some time. This will be a long post, feel free to put any input and responses to whatever. I don't expect everyone to have a complete list like I'm about to do. And after all, this is only my opinion.

I was in three leagues this year. I'm mainly going to focus on my draft league. These were all in yahoo, I'm too cheap to be in a real league.

So lets begin with my draft, I had the 8th Pick The order of my picks:
C. Dillon, R. Johnson, R. Wayne, T. Brady, N. Burleson, L. Coles
A. Crumpler, D. Mason, L. Jordan, J. Plummer, S. Janikowski, Chicago, K. Barlow, J. Wiggins, J. Bettis

Biggest Draft Dud = N. Burleson
He didn't perform like anyone expected. Injuries can do that. No biggie, I was able to recover.

Biggest Draft Hero = I'm going Tom Brady. Yes I did expect him to get me a steady amount of points, but I didn't expect him to carry me like he did.

Best Draft Value = L.Jordan. A great 9th round pick. He helped me a bit when Dillion was injured.

Happiest Draft Pick = Chicago Defense. (Homer alert) I was happy I drafted the bears D and played them all year. I expected some good things, but I didn't expect what they gave me. ;-D

Best combination move Traded D. Mason for T. Gonzalez then droped J. Wiggins and picked up S. Smith.

Best Pickup Read the last statement. I was able to pick up S.Smith in the preseason after someone droped him.

Best Trade N. Burleson and W. Parker for L. Fitzgerald. At first I thought this was going to come back and kill me, but I am so happy I did this trade. I packaged Parker after a good game and Burleson the week before he was supposed to make his great return. Everyone knew about Fitz, a slight gamble. It payed off huge.

Over FF opinions.

Biggest Duds
QB = D. Culpepper
RB = J. Lewis
WR = Too many to pick from
TE = T. Gonzalez - Lots of yards - TD #s down
K = Who cares, they are kickers
DEF = Baltimore

Best Studs - Biggest Surprise
QB = C. Palmer
RB = L. Jordan
WR = Too many to pick from
TE = C.Cooley
K = Rackers
DEF = Indianapolis

This year I've finshed:

Draft League
Regular Season finish = #2 Seed
Final Finish = Champion

Auto Draft League
Regular Season finish = #1 Seed
Final Finish = Champion

Family League
Regular Season finish = #1 Seed
Final Finish = Third
This is only my opinion, if you play the players I suggest and they do not perform well, please don't yell at me.
A Flannel Shirt
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:38 pm

I'm sorry but you were in some cupcake leagues if you were able to get S. Smith off waivers, draft Jordan in the 9th rd, and trade Mason for Gonzo

You should be embarrased if you didn't win out in those leagues...
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:00 pm

Excellent Draft Value: Kenan McCardell.

I was able to get him in some of the very late rounds in a 12-player league, and he turned out to be a starter.

WW Pickups:
Brunell, Cooley, Engram ;-D

Best/Worst Transaction:

Traded LJ for DJax in the early rounds. Liked the trade for the 2 weeks that DJax wasn't injured, and then... :-o
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:31 pm

Biggest Draft Dud = J Lewis

Biggest Draft Hero =T Brady ...not bad for a 6th round selection

Best Draft Value = Mike Anderson 17th round or T Heap in the 10th,

Happiest Draft Pick = Portis in the 2nd round --19th overall--or Houshmanzadah in the 9th.

Best combination move - dumping off JJ Arrington for Coles and a next years #1 pick in keeper (2nd overall)...coles was a big reason I won the SuperBowl.

Best Pickup - S Gado (helped me out in the 2nd half)

worst move: Traded away LJ after I drafted him in the 7th round. I got a draft pick and T Bell/M Anderson...I regret the move but I still got a ring.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Flannel Shirt » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:00 pm

J2thez929 wrote:I'm sorry but you were in some cupcake leagues if you were able to get S. Smith off waivers, draft Jordan in the 9th rd, and trade Mason for Gonzo

Always one in the crowd.

:-t
This is only my opinion, if you play the players I suggest and they do not perform well, please don't yell at me.
A Flannel Shirt
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:10 pm

A Flannel Shirt wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:I'm sorry but you were in some cupcake leagues if you were able to get S. Smith off waivers, draft Jordan in the 9th rd, and trade Mason for Gonzo

Always one in the crowd.

:-t

I'm just stating the truth. No hard feelings here
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Flannel Shirt » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:45 pm

I was able to pick up S.Smith in the preseason after someone droped him.

The Smith move was preseason. So who knew during preseason that Smith would have a great year. The time I picked him up, I didn't know all that much about Smith.

Jordan was untested as a starter at the start of the season. He could have flopped.

If you could have known those guys would have such a great year, then could you buy me some lotto tickets?

I just find comments like that to be tasteless and just as bad as the following:

XXXXX Player didn't score well to spite your fantasy team
Wow you traded XXXX for XXXX sign me up for your league next year.

I just remembered my worst move of the year.

I droped L.Johnson in the 2nd or 3rd weak after he had a bad game. I think I picked up W.Parker, then made the trade for fitz. But that is the worst move for me.
A Flannel Shirt
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby fishfoomark » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:37 am

Picked up Santana Moss from the wire in week 2. He won me the title last week!
fishfoomark
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Philly Pride » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:20 am

On one team I drafted Horn, Burleson, and Andre Johnson thnking I could have a good WR core. Wrong, wrong, wrong. My final game's starting WR were Houshmandzadeh, Branch, and Bobby Engram. I also drafted Willis McGahee and Deuce McAllister. Miraculously, I wound up in 5th place at the end of the season ;-D

Neil Rackers and Carolina D carried that team.

My Week 1 Lineup:
Collins
Horn
Johnson
Burleson
McGahee
Deuce
Franks

My Final Lineup:
Garrard
Housh
Branch
Engram
Anderson
T. Jones
Cooley

0 starters from original draft :-t
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The Loyalist » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:31 pm

Best Draft Pick - Carson Palmer, 8th RD

Picked him up to 'backup' Vick (4th RD). Palmer had a favorable matchup in week one and so I started him and never looked back.

Championship Trophy Pick: Larry Johnson, 9th RD

I picked up Priest in the 1st round and knew I had to have LJ, thank goodness he was still there.

Biggest Bust: Duce Staley, 5th RD

Was desperate for a RB, Duce was the best on the board - knew he was hurt but didn't realize he'd wuss out for the entire season.

Best Trade: My Holt/Antowain Smith (after Deuce went down) for Edge and Rod Smith

I missed Holt but Edge and Smith were vital cogs in the machine.

Best WW Pickup: Chris 3TDs Cooley!

Live and Learn Pick: Picked my kicker (Vinatieri) WAY too early. 7th RD. I could have lost LJ!!!!
The Loyalist
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting