Michigan / Nebraska - Anyone up for a PBC? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Michigan / Nebraska - Anyone up for a PBC?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michigan / Nebraska - Anyone up for a PBC?

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:10 am

Sorry it's so late in coming, I've been meaning to put this up for a while. Any Michigan fans want in? I'll make the bags and email them to the Michigan fans when NU wins. In the event that Nebraska loses I'll don the bag for a week.

Takers?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:36 am

If it wasn't for the cafe and the Nebraska vs. Michigan banter I would have no desire to watch this game tonite. Now, I can't wait to watch it to see who gets made fun of tomorrow. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:37 am

I will take this challenge for sure. If Michigan loses (which I am sure won't happen) I will put the bag on Monday because I have another bag to sport at the hands of knapplc's teams.

But Michigan won't lose.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:42 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I will take this challenge for sure. If Michigan loses (which I am sure won't happen) I will put the bag on Monday because I have another bag to sport at the hands of knapplc's teams.

But Michigan won't lose.

I'm not confident Nebraska will win this game, but I think we CAN win. We have a good, aggressive defense that could give Michigan problems. Of course, we let Kansas score 40-something points on us and pick up 450 yards, so it depends on which defense shows up. I think our offense can move the ball, but if we get field goals instead of TDs we're in trouble.

Barring some miracle I won't be able to make the bags tonight - we have guests in from out of town - but I'll have them made by the weekend, so I'll have them ready for any Michigan fans that need to sport them. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sharptongued1 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:07 pm

VaderFin wrote:If it wasn't for the cafe and the Nebraska vs. Michigan banter I would have no desire to watch this game tonite. Now, I can't wait to watch it to see who gets made fun of tomorrow. ;-D

I guess it beats pooping in a laundry basket, doesn't it? :-b
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:19 pm

VaderFin wrote:If it wasn't for the cafe and the Nebraska vs. Michigan banter I would have no desire to watch this game tonite. Now, I can't wait to watch it to see who gets made fun of tomorrow. ;-D

Maybe I'm getting old, but if Nebraska wins tonight I won't rub it in to the Michigan fans. I'm only supporting NU with my cash, it's not like I'm out on the field laying hits on their QB or anything.

I would really be surprised if anyone boasted much after the game, no matter who wins. It's not like we're playing for anything other than an Atta-boy. Texas and USC fans, now THEY may boast a bit when their team wins, but that game counts for something.

By the way, did anyone else know that the Big 10 has won seven of the ten Alamo Bowls against the Big XII? I did not know that. Of course, Nebraska has won two of the three times that a Big XII team won, but that won't help us much this year.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sharptongued1 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:39 pm

knapplc wrote:

Maybe I'm getting old, but if Nebraska wins tonight I won't rub it in to the Michigan fans. I'm only supporting NU with my cash, it's not like I'm out on the field laying hits on their QB or anything.

I would really be surprised if anyone boasted much after the game, no matter who wins. It's not like we're playing for anything other than an Atta-boy. Texas and USC fans, now THEY may boast a bit when their team wins, but that game counts for something.

By the way, did anyone else know that the Big 10 has won seven of the ten Alamo Bowls against the Big XII? I did not know that. Of course, Nebraska has won two of the three times that a Big XII team won, but that won't help us much this year.

Good post, and agreed. It's just fun to get a jab in here and there before the actual game begins. Good luck to Mee-chicken fans, and here's to a hard hitting good game. :-)
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:15 pm

knapplc wrote:

I'm sure not going to be rubbing anything in if we win this game. Ranked as the preseason #3 I can't say that winning the Alamo Bowl was what I was hoping for, nonetheless I am going to be hoarse tomorrow for cheering for the Maize and Blue and a game with the tradition of one such as this should be a good one.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:34 pm

Wow! Only one taker. I wouldda thought the Mich fans would be more confident this.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:13 pm

There had better be more than 47 pts. scored in this game. That's all I care about!

I must admit, being an ND fan, I will definately be smiling if Nebraska pulls this out.

First thing on my wish list is 48+ pts. though.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football