Michigan / Nebraska - Anyone up for a PBC? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Michigan / Nebraska - Anyone up for a PBC?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:58 am

Was it illegal for Reggie Bush to push Matt Leinhart into the endzone against Notre Dame? Yes
Don't forget that if you don't give up a 60 yard pass to Dwayne Jarret on 4th & 8, just a couple plays before that then you wouldn't have been in that situation!

Was there pass interference on that 4th down pass in Michigan's last "real" drive? Yes.
Don't forget on the play before that, Manningham dropped an almost perfectly thrown Henne pass that would have given the Wolverines a first down.

Nebraska's bench was on the left side of the field, the 18-lateral play was ending on the right side of the field. They didn't get in the way of the play!
Somebody needs to explain to Mr. Ecker that when you are down by 4 with :00 left on the clock, running out of bounds at the ten isn't a smart move with your #1 playmaker (and two other players) running right behind you.

Bottom line, Michigan was clearly the more talented team here and should have never been in a situation where the refs could cost them the game. They missed a FG (if he made that Nebraska probably would have went for a tie and OT), they had three scoreless drives (at least) at or inside the Nebraska 30 and couldn't put them away. They had an 11 point lead and let it slip away. THAT is why Michigan lost. Not because of a pass interference that wasn't called.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeanJoe75 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:04 am

VaderFin wrote:If you like mediocry, losing to your hated rival, and going to meaningless bowls...well Michigan fan, Lloyd Carr is your guy.

Last 5 years Michigan has lost 5, 3, 3, 3, and 4 games. Record vs. OSU in the last 5 years is 1-4.

Every team goes through injuries. 18 losses in 5 years isn't due to injuries. If I was a Michigan fan I would be calling for Carr's head! :-/

You seem to forget that Michigan went to the Rose Bowl twice and won the Big Ten twice.
MeanJoe75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:10 am

MeanJoe75 wrote:Michigan players were out on the field only by about 5 yards and only because they were excited that the play was still alive. They didn't rush their whole team out onto the middle of the field. And the punt return interfreance doesn't compare to the pass interferance call. Nebraska will need that heart next year in that sensational Big 12 north.

Whether Michigan players and coaches and ballboys and observers were on the field (and they were) five yards or thirty yards, they were still on the field. All we're talking about here is yet another in a series of missed calls all game long. Zach Bowman interefered with the Michigan receiver on Michigan's 4th-and-8 pass late in the fourth. Earlier in the fourth I think it was Grixby who pretty much went through the Michigan receiver with an official looking right at them - no call.

And that's not even counting the dozen or so non-calls on Michigan's line for holding.

The final play should have had flags everywhere, against both teams for being on the field, and offsetting penalties so we replay it. At that point Nebraska would have just snuffed the play and it would have been over - same result, though.

And yes, we will have fun in our "sensational" Big XII North next year. That Big XII North has five bowl teams this year, FYI, and two of the three that have already played have won. The lone loser was Colorado, and I think we all know what's going on there. At this point a .667 winning percentage doesn't look too bad for our "sensational" Big XII North. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:32 am

MeanJoe75 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:If you like mediocry, losing to your hated rival, and going to meaningless bowls...well Michigan fan, Lloyd Carr is your guy.

Last 5 years Michigan has lost 5, 3, 3, 3, and 4 games. Record vs. OSU in the last 5 years is 1-4.

Every team goes through injuries. 18 losses in 5 years isn't due to injuries. If I was a Michigan fan I would be calling for Carr's head! :-/

You seem to forget that Michigan went to the Rose Bowl twice and won the Big Ten twice.

With 3 losses? WHO CARES! Enjoy mediocry with Carr in there. It isn't going to get any better. :-t
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:35 am

knapplc wrote:
MeanJoe75 wrote:Michigan players were out on the field only by about 5 yards and only because they were excited that the play was still alive. They didn't rush their whole team out onto the middle of the field. And the punt return interfreance doesn't compare to the pass interferance call. Nebraska will need that heart next year in that sensational Big 12 north.

Whether Michigan players and coaches and ballboys and observers were on the field (and they were) five yards or thirty yards, they were still on the field. All we're talking about here is yet another in a series of missed calls all game long. Zach Bowman interefered with the Michigan receiver on Michigan's 4th-and-8 pass late in the fourth. Earlier in the fourth I think it was Grixby who pretty much went through the Michigan receiver with an official looking right at them - no call.

And that's not even counting the dozen or so non-calls on Michigan's line for holding.

The final play should have had flags everywhere, against both teams for being on the field, and offsetting penalties so we replay it. At that point Nebraska would have just snuffed the play and it would have been over - same result, though.

And yes, we will have fun in our "sensational" Big XII North next year. That Big XII North has five bowl teams this year, FYI, and two of the three that have already played have won. The lone loser was Colorado, and I think we all know what's going on there. At this point a .667 winning percentage doesn't look too bad for our "sensational" Big XII North. ;-)

Because a crappy 6-5 Kansas team beat a crappy Houston team in a crappy bowl game doesn't make the North any less crappy.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:35 am

VaderFin wrote:With 3 losses? WHO CARES! Enjoy mediocry with Carr in there. It isn't going to get any better. :-t

I hate to be the Grammar Police here, but it's "m-e-d-i-o-c-r-i-t-y."

Reading - still fundamental after all these years. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:41 am

knapplc wrote:
VaderFin wrote:With 3 losses? WHO CARES! Enjoy mediocry with Carr in there. It isn't going to get any better. :-t

I think it's quite a talent to type in the Cafe and do work at the same time! Nothing worse then an internet spelling nazi! :-b
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:51 am

VaderFin wrote:Because a crappy 6-5 Kansas team beat a crappy Houston team in a crappy bowl game doesn't make the North any less crappy.

We're going to have to get a judge's ruling on this one...

Judge rules...

Yes, it does!

When "crappy" teams win that makes them less crappy. The crappitatiousness of a team actually is indirectly related to their win/loss record. USC - undefeated since the Hoover administration - ergo, their Crap Quotient is currently 0.00. Nebraska is 8-4, a .667 winning percentage, ergo their Crap Quotient is 47.22 (rounded down because I'm a Husker fan).

The Crap Quotient Scale (and of course, I'm using the Modified Hinckler-Strohoff scale, not the Bagnofski Equivalent that was discredited in the 90s) is not relative, so NU's 8-4 doesn't equate to a 33.33 CQ rating. I just wanted you to know that I'm keeping this on the up-and-up.

So, in the case of the Big XII North, when two teams win out of three chances, that makes the Big XII North less crappy than you and the sports news stations you get your information from thought. It's OK that you're not aware of this - you're a Miami fan and you think there's no football west of the Appalachians. I understand this. It doesn't make you a bad person.

Just uninformed. ;-)

But I still have love for you!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:53 am

VaderFin wrote:
knapplc wrote:

I think it's quite a talent to type in the Cafe and do work at the same time! Nothing worse then an internet spelling nazi! :-b

Guilty!!! :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:53 am

knapplc wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Because a crappy 6-5 Kansas team beat a crappy Houston team in a crappy bowl game doesn't make the North any less crappy.

We're going to have to get a judge's ruling on this one...

Judge rules...

Yes, it does!

When "crappy" teams win that makes them less crappy. The crappitatiousness of a team actually is indirectly related to their win/loss record. USC - undefeated since the Hoover administration - ergo, their Crap Quotient is currently 0.00. Nebraska is 8-4, a .667 winning percentage, ergo their Crap Quotient is 47.22 (rounded down because I'm a Husker fan).

The Crap Quotient Scale (and of course, I'm using the Modified Hinckler-Strohoff scale, not the Bagnofski Equivalent that was discredited in the 90s) is not relative, so NU's 8-4 doesn't equate to a 33.33 CQ rating. I just wanted you to know that I'm keeping this on the up-and-up.

So, in the case of the Big XII North, when two teams win out of three chances, that makes the Big XII North less crappy than you and the sports news stations you get your information from thought. It's OK that you're not aware of this - you're a Miami fan and you think there's no football west of the Appalachians. I understand this. It doesn't make you a bad person.

Just uninformed. ;-)

But I still have love for you!

Judge rules: Only reason you think Kansas isn't crappy is because they beat you! B-)
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football