Anyone see the lasy play of the Alamo Bowl last night? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone see the lasy play of the Alamo Bowl last night?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:23 pm

That play was crazy. Although I agree that he should have lateralled the ball, I really don't think it would have mattered. Even if Michigan scored the play would most likely have been called back because both teams had extra players on the field. Nebraska had its whole team on the field and Michigan had some players on the field. Some of the illegal Michigan players got involved in the play. I think that if Michigan scored the refs would have called offsetting penalties and had them redo the play. I agree the guy was an idiot for not lateralling but I don't think it cost Michigan the game.

What a crazy play.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby confused_jake » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:54 pm

what do you call a play like that? all i know is the first part of it was a hook n ladder. haha maybe you just call it desperation?
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:59 pm

That was the hook and ladder turned into a fire drill. Ecker should have toss it to Breaston at the 20 and he would have walked into the end zone. Maybe he didn't see him, hear him, or maybe he was so winded that he wasn't thinking clearly. But he didn't cost Michigan anything.

U of M lost the game the same way they had lost 5 others this season: Their D blew it. I don't ever remember a D that plays so poorly when it has a lead. Disgusting.

The play was hilarious and is a tribute to the coaching. They had 8 laterals and all of them were backwards. It almost worked. If you haven't seen it, do so. thoroughly entertaining.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby john333 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:04 pm

?????????

He didn't need to lateral it. He had 2 blockers and he outran them, if he wasn't in such a hurry to get to the endzone that would have been a touchdown.
john333
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mystykoekaki » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:59 pm

WOW...thats one crazy play no doubt.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:00 pm

I was watching most of the game and turned it off early. Pretty mad to have missed it but I saw a full replay with audio on sportscenter the other day.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby SniperShot » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:27 pm

I love this from NCAA sportsline gamecenter:

(15:00) Chad Henne passed to Jason Avant for 12 yards. Matt Wilde lateraled to Steve Breaston for 5 yards. Steve Breaston lateraled to Mike Hart for no gain. Mike Hart lateraled to Jason Avant for a 6 yard loss. Jason Avant lateraled to Mario Manningham for no gain. Mario Manningham lateraled to Jason Avant for a 20 yard loss. Jason Avant lateraled to Mike Hart for a 7 yard loss. Mike Hart lateraled to Tyler Ecker for 64 yards.

If somebody finds a clip of this to download (Yes I know about ESPN motion video but that cannot be downloaded) I would be very happy to add this to my collection of wacky NFL/College Football plays.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bklik » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:23 pm

You're right on CC, Ecker lost us another game. Except this time he flat-out LOST it. 1 more lateral and either of his teammates couldve walked into the endzone.

Ugh, again their D went soft, tried to play prevent, and instead just gave up HUGE gains. So typical of this year.

Fire lloyd?
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:17 am

Timed the play and it lasted over 42 seconds from snap to final tackle... ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Football Talk