How early should L. Johnson be taken in the draft next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How early should L. Johnson be taken in the draft next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:21 am

I can't see him not being top 3, but it does depend on alot: Priest's status, his OL, Vermiel, etc. but most other RBs also have question marks, but with a much lower ceiling. I find it unlikley that anyone could convince me to take anyone but LT or Alexander over him.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FF Newbie » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:03 am

henryhormann wrote:LJ is the kind of runningback I'm happy to roll the dice on. Did it this year, won the championship.

Regardless of his situation next year (split backfield, o-line, coach, etc.), the dude can run. Also he's great at breaking tackles & making people miss, so that's something else to consider when factoring in the supposedly dramatic drop-off in O-line play.

Yeah, the difference is next year you'll have to roll the dice with a top-3 pick instead of a 6th or 7th rounder. Big difference.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Bowie » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:34 am

If LJ is projected to take 2/3s of the series to Priest's 1/3, than the really interesting pick becomes Priest. I am not going to waste a high pick on LJ in a platoon, but would be happy to take a devalued Holmes later in the draft.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Slingblade » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:29 pm

Preist is a time bomb waiting to happen. If he comes back he will be on IR by week 5.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby octagon999 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:01 am

Right now, my prelim draft sheet for next year looks like:

SA
LT
LJ
Edge
LJordan

Obviously lots of things can change, but I would be happy with any of those guys in my first round, regardless of placement. I think LT's "playoff" points this year have hurt his #1 ranking for next years draft. Not sure its fair, but it is what it is.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:38 am

If Priest is gone, LJ can go 1, 2 or 3. If Priest stays and it sounds like he'll take alot of carries, I'd still probably take him mid-1st. It seems like it's only a matter of time before Holmes goes down to injury again, and even when both are healthy, they each put up #1 RB numbers playing side-by-side.
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby elldog5 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:54 pm

If Preist's gone and Roaf and Sheilds stay, then I think its a no brainer that LJ is a top three pick.

And I think that it should be a no brainer that LJ is the man in KC. Priest is done. Bottom line.

Is it possible that if LJ started the entire season he could have broken the all time yardage and TD mark in the same season, or at least came very close?
elldog5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TonyCee » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:37 am

elldog5 wrote:If Preist's gone and Roaf and Sheilds stay, then I think its a no brainer that LJ is a top three pick.

And I think that it should be a no brainer that LJ is the man in KC. Priest is done. Bottom line.

Is it possible that if LJ started the entire season he could have broken the all time yardage and TD mark in the same season, or at least came very close?

Word. And if Priest was out of the way I would go #1 overall on LJ, he just never lets you down !+)
TonyCee
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:40 am

I'm drooling over the thoughts of this guy alone in the KC backfield for 16 games...and my jaw's dropping at the thoughts of having him on my team.
If you watched today's game, you have to be feeling the same way.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby drmoses » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:11 am

If Larry had starting 16 he would have absolutely SMASHED the NFL single season rushing record....

He is too good to sit. The Chiefs need to realize that.
Steve Young is Jesus...
drmoses
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk