Where's DeAngelo Williams going? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where's DeAngelo Williams going?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby converge241 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:43 pm

49ers with the 6th or 7th pick
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby michaelavelli » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:45 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:
michaelavelli wrote:Those rankings are outdated. I think Williams will be a top ten pick, no question. It's still a bit early to tell who will be in the position/have the need.

Tennesse is a guess. The Jets maybe, although they may be too hight.

Are you talking about the same Tennessee that has both Chris Brown and Travis Henry right now?

Yeah. Chris Brown. Travis Henry. What studs. What was I thinking.

No seriously, you're right. What studs. Travis Henry. Wow. He's shown a lot this season. I'm sure the drug thing is no concern too. Yeah. I'm crazy. Wow. Chris Brown. What a stud. Great. Yeah. Stupid idea. Yeah.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:08 pm

eaglesfan wrote:I want Tamba Hali

I'll take Mario Williams and Kiwinuka in a heartbeat before Hali. Maybe even that DE out of Louisville before Hali.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:40 pm

michaelavelli wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:
michaelavelli wrote:Those rankings are outdated. I think Williams will be a top ten pick, no question. It's still a bit early to tell who will be in the position/have the need.

Tennesse is a guess. The Jets maybe, although they may be too hight.

Are you talking about the same Tennessee that has both Chris Brown and Travis Henry right now?

Yeah. Chris Brown. Travis Henry. What studs. What was I thinking.

No seriously, you're right. What studs. Travis Henry. Wow. He's shown a lot this season. I'm sure the drug thing is no concern too. Yeah. I'm crazy. Wow. Chris Brown. What a stud. Great. Yeah. Stupid idea. Yeah.

I got your point...sarcasm.
McNair is old, Volek's a FA, and Matt Mauck will not be a franchise QB. They have other needs, that's all I'm saying. Brown, Henry and even Payton are decent enough for the meantime; they need help with some impact defensive players and offensive linemen. Teams don't go 4-12 because of their running back, and a rookie running back won't turn around an aging team.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:46 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:

I'll take Mario Williams and Kiwinuka in a heartbeat before Hali. Maybe even that DE out of Louisville before Hali.

Dumervil is a big college player, I think anything before mid-2nd is too early for him, I think Hali's value is solid around the 18-25 picks.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:38 pm

Who knows... but my early guess would be San Fran or maybe the Jets.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:31 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:

Dumervil is a big college player, I think anything before mid-2nd is too early for him, I think Hali's value is solid around the 18-25 picks.

True but 20+ sacks is really tough to ignore. I think he is a little undersized but he does have skills. So I am assuming you have Hali as your #3 DE coming out, and if so where do you have Tapp and Dumervile in relation to that? I know this is off topic just PM it to me if you want...
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:05 pm

I have a hard time believing Williams will be around for MIN when they are on the clock. I also dont see him going in the top 5 though.

I know that Scott Wrights recent mock has ARI traking him at 10 - and how can you really argue that call? There are a lot of teams that could go RB with thier top pick - we'll see.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:40 pm

Yeah, Cards makes the most sense for DeAngelo. I don't see the Jets, Niners or Titans reaching for him given they have bigger needs, and the other teams ahead of them don't really need him. Would hurt the Cards passing game a bit, fantasy-wise, if it did happen.

I bet the Eagles do take a DE, and getting a Penn Stater like Hali would probably be tempting to the front office. Probably Mario and Kiwinuka aren't around for the Eagles pick. The pass rush from the Dline was a big weakness for the Eagles this year - much rather see them go that way in the draft and get a veteran WR and LB to fill those gaps.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:36 pm

What exactly are the Jets bigger needs? I see Deangelo Williams as a perfect fit for the Jets and I believe they are at the right spot to take him. Houston will grab Bush, New Orleanes most likely Leinart, I have no clue who the Titans will take but they have Henry and Brown and don't need 3 RB's that have starting job potential, they have much bigger problems.

That leaves the Jets who should definitely grab Williams because I'm pretty damn sure he'll still be there. Curtis will retire in a year or two and he's getting aged already. We don't need a QB(I personally like Fielder over Chad, Chad is way too damn injury prone and Fielder has led the Dolphins to the playoffs a couple times, he's a capable underrated QB that fits in well with our offense). Our D is fine, our LB's and maybe the DB's might need a touch up but we can get that later and our ends are perfectly fine as well as our O line.(Forgot his name but Ohio St.'s linebacker could be a good fit if they miss out on Williams) Our WR's are weak but I don't think the best ones out there(Hass, Georgia Tech's main WR) have top 4 pick talent.

Williams has the skills to be a top 10 RB in the future and the Jets should not pass up on him. But given the Jets history they will probably end up doing something stupid by taking Vince Young or Marcus Vick or a kicker and end up getting booed like every year.
Red Stripe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Constructing a titanium shoulder for Chad Pennington

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk