Where's DeAngelo Williams going? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where's DeAngelo Williams going?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:47 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Williams has the skills to be a top 10 RB in the future and the Jets should not pass up on him. But given the Jets history they will probably end up doing something stupid by taking Vince Young or Marcus Vick or a kicker and end up getting booed like every year.

Vick has said that he is not going to declare for the draft this year, so that's one you don't have to worry about ;-)
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Great Gambini » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:01 pm

Ugh, don't even get me started on Vick.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:04 pm

i know the packers have a million holes but i wouldnt be surprised if they reach for deangelo....
1) ahman green is injured, washed up, and a free agent (my guess= hes gone)...
2) davenport is decent, young, and hurt (my guess= he'll be back, but not as a starter)....
3) samkon gado is above average at this point but battling his injury (my guess = could rotate with deangelo)
4) tony fisher doesnt bring very much to the table (my guess = maybe he'll be around but not filling a big role)

i think deangelo will be drafted as the speed guy to compliment gado's more bruising style of running....
packers can still draft a decent tackle in the second round...
and then maybe get a little defensive help in the other rounds along with free agency
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:54 pm

onnestabe wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:Williams has the skills to be a top 10 RB in the future and the Jets should not pass up on him. But given the Jets history they will probably end up doing something stupid by taking Vince Young or Marcus Vick or a kicker and end up getting booed like every year.

Vick has said that he is not going to declare for the draft this year, so that's one you don't have to worry about ;-)

I know I was just joking around mentioning players that I would never want on the Jets.
Red Stripe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Constructing a titanium shoulder for Chad Pennington

Postby JimmyChoi » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:29 am

Red Stripe wrote:What exactly are the Jets bigger needs? I see Deangelo Williams as a perfect fit for the Jets and I believe they are at the right spot to take him. Houston will grab Bush, New Orleanes most likely Leinart, I have no clue who the Titans will take but they have Henry and Brown and don't need 3 RB's that have starting job potential, they have much bigger problems.

That leaves the Jets who should definitely grab Williams because I'm pretty damn sure he'll still be there. Curtis will retire in a year or two and he's getting aged already. We don't need a QB(I personally like Fielder over Chad, Chad is way too damn injury prone and Fielder has led the Dolphins to the playoffs a couple times, he's a capable underrated QB that fits in well with our offense). Our D is fine, our LB's and maybe the DB's might need a touch up but we can get that later and our ends are perfectly fine as well as our O line.(Forgot his name but Ohio St.'s linebacker could be a good fit if they miss out on Williams) Our WR's are weak but I don't think the best ones out there(Hass, Georgia Tech's main WR) have top 4 pick talent.

Williams has the skills to be a top 10 RB in the future and the Jets should not pass up on him. But given the Jets history they will probably end up doing something stupid by taking Vince Young or Marcus Vick or a kicker and end up getting booed like every year.

The more I think about it...the more I agree with you....honestly....things are turning for the worse....I say Fiedler over Penny at this point.....personally I think Law will be gone because Woody does not want to pay him the 10 mill he'll be due...who the hell knows what will happen to Abraham....but Bradway will probably do something boneheaded....oh we are about to need a coach too.
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:20 pm

Arizona = Ricky Williams
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous