Sleepers 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleepers 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sleepers 2006

Postby Dynasty Deacon » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:30 pm

What is expected next year of Vincent Jackson & Eric Shelton? I am in a deep fantasy league and would any of them be worth stashing away for next year? What other worthless players this year will be worth something next year. Jason Campbell?
Dynasty Deacon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Sleepers 2006

Postby ljthockey » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:38 pm

Dynasty Deacon wrote:What is expected next year of Vincent Jackson & Eric Shelton? I am in a deep fantasy league and would any of them be worth stashing away for next year? What other worthless players this year will be worth something next year. Jason Campbell?

I'm holding onto Jason Campbell as well but I doubt he will even get a shot at a starting job for another year or so.

Mark Bradley from Chicago might not be a bad gamblem with Rex Grossman coming on.

I never really like Vincent Jackson but im not much of San Diego fan so I dont know his situation there.

Eric Shelton might not be a bad gamble either with Davis likely to retire soon and Foster being very injury prone.

I'm also assuming guys like Mark Clayton and Frank Gore are gone.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dynasty Deacon » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:46 pm

Clayton & Gore are gone.
Dynasty Deacon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Monse_HQ » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:07 pm

Bernard Berrian & Mark Bradley will could be potential sleeper WRs in Chicago next year.

I can see Jason Campbell playing next year so I'd stash him away.
Monse Fantasy Football Draft Packet [b]Coming Soon![/b]
[url=http://www.fantasy-hq.com]Image[/url]
Monse_HQ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:01 pm

WR Drew Carter didn't play much in the regular season this year, but his stats over the last month have impressed me. Seattle showed all the other defenses in the NFL the blueprint for stopping Carolina by constantly double-teaming and triple-teaming Steve Smith. Ricky Proehl is retiring and Keary Colbert continues to suck, so Carter could be a sleeper WR opposite Smith next year. At 6'3", I like Carter's height advantage and potential as a red zone target. Looking for a blueprint for Carter to breakout next year? St. Louis WR Kevin Curtis also came on strong in the 2004 playoffs before producing a bust-out season in 2005, and like Curtis in 2005, Carter will be entering his mythical 3rd year in the NFL next season.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:40 pm

The Lung wrote:WR Drew Carter didn't play much in the regular season this year, but his stats over the last month have impressed me. Seattle showed all the other defenses in the NFL the blueprint for stopping Carolina by constantly double-teaming and triple-teaming Steve Smith. Ricky Proehl is retiring and Keary Colbert continues to suck, so Carter could be a sleeper WR opposite Smith next year. At 6'3", I like Carter's height advantage and potential as a red zone target. Looking for a blueprint for Carter to breakout next year? St. Louis WR Kevin Curtis also came on strong in the 2004 playoffs before producing a bust-out season in 2005, and like Curtis in 2005, Carter will be entering his mythical 3rd year in the NFL next season.

i was just gonna say Drew Carter too. i wouldnt expect huge numbers, but 700 yards and 6 TD's could be a possibility
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:46 pm

Depending on how deep your rosters are, I like these guys that are generally afterthoughts:

Brandon Jones, WR Titans

Matt Jones, WR Jaguars

Marion Barber, RB Cowboys
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:53 pm

I'm all about the Drew Carter selection. Good to see some people recognize his talent, I just hope none of them are in my keeper leagues. Another guy who's impressing me somewhat is Roscoe Parrish on the Bills. They've made a commitment to get him on the field anyway they can, so the talent is certainly there. Moulds isn't getting any younger, so it's a decent possibilty, Parrish could step into the slot position and make an impact. If they can step it up at the QB position, Parrish might be worth keeping an eye on.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JEWMAH9701 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:02 pm

TE Adam Bergen (ARI)

With Boldin and Fitzgerald stretching the field and being the primary focus of the defense Bergen will have the middle all to himself. Looked good towards the end of the year when he was getting a chance. Could be the Antonio Gates of 2004.

I also really like TE Zach Hilton (N.O.)
JEWMAH9701
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby MadScott » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:01 pm

I really like the Drew Carter call. He seems to have progressed while Colbert has regressed this season. Delhomme seems to have confidence in him as well. This guy worked his way up from like WR5 to making key playoff plays for them.

As for others, Bradley isn't a bad call but Berrian certainly looked like he was clicking well with Grossman once both were back. I like Grossman as an under the radar QB as well.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk