Sleepers 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleepers 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:29 pm

I almost forgot to mention Broncos TE, Wesley Duke. I know, it's not kosher to think of him as the next Gates simply because he didn't play any college football, but the guy really looks like he might emerge as a playmaker in the Broncos passing attack. At 6'5", he has the size to be a factor in the red zone. Just a thought, you may want to take a late flier on him in a keeper league, just in case.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Boozer » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:33 pm

Drew Carter was a great work in progress this year. He stepped up at the end of the year. He was a little nervous this year and dropped a few passes due to lack of playing time. He will be solid next year. He has the size and speed and will work great with Steve Smith.
Boozer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:36 pm

Andrew Walter
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:49 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Andrew Walter

God, only if they'd let him play. I still can't figure out why they didn't give him some snaps this season after Collins/Tui fell apart. He showed a lot of poise in the preseason and seemed to have a grasp of the offense. With the weapons at his disposal, sky's the limit if things click in a year or two. Good call.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:18 pm

He might be gone, but Cedric Wilson seems to me like a guy who should be a starter. He's blazing fast and if roethl-something keeps improving then he could have nice numbers. He would have to win the job outright from Randle-El but I think he has at least a shot.

Another guy I wish had more opportunity is Arnaz Battle on SF. He got bogged down by injuries and I think he's a good complement to Lloyd.

Another guy I'd bring up is Koren Robinson, but he's probably on a lot of radars since he started returning kicks.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:05 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I almost forgot to mention Broncos TE, Wesley Duke. I know, it's not kosher to think of him as the next Gates simply because he didn't play any college football, but the guy really looks like he might emerge as a playmaker in the Broncos passing attack. At 6'5", he has the size to be a factor in the red zone. Just a thought, you may want to take a late flier on him in a keeper league, just in case.

Isn't he the guy that was also coached by Gates TE coach?

Chargers TE coach moved to Denver coaching staff this past season.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby biju » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm

I still like Eric Shelton, although it heavily depends on what the Panthers do in the off-season. If they decide to bring back the "old guy" or the "fragile guy" Shelton may have limited value.

I'm big on Koren Robinson next year. He really has the talent to be a #1 somewhere.

I'm also big on Samie Parker. I think he'll contibute heavily next season.

I'd like to see where Joe Jurevicius lands next year assuming the Seahawks can't retain him.

Lastly, and I know this is going to make people laugh, I think Ron Dayne has a real chance to go somewhere and prove himself. That's kind of a longshot however. :-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:22 am

biju wrote:I still like Eric Shelton, although it heavily depends on what the Panthers do in the off-season. If they decide to bring back the "old guy" or the "fragile guy" Shelton may have limited value.

I'm big on Koren Robinson next year. He really has the talent to be a #1 somewhere.

I'd like to see where Joe Jurevicius lands next year assuming the Seahawks can't retain him.

Lastly, and I know this is going to make people laugh, I think Ron Dayne has a real chance to go somewhere and prove himself. That's kind of a longshot however. :-o
KRob is an excellent call as well. The way that Burleson flopped this year and KRob looking like he finally got his stuff together could mean big things for him in a new offensive scheme in Minn. next year.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:42 am

MadScott wrote:
biju wrote:I still like Eric Shelton, although it heavily depends on what the Panthers do in the off-season. If they decide to bring back the "old guy" or the "fragile guy" Shelton may have limited value.

KRob is an excellent call as well. The way that Burleson flopped this year and KRob looking like he finally got his stuff together could mean big things for him in a new offensive scheme in Minn. next year.

Great pick! Even better than the first one!

Another guy I'd add to that list is Josh McCown. He could very well be the starter for ARI or another team by next season.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:05 pm

mcCown wont be the start in arizona...he doesnt play for them...making warner more of the sleeper pick coming out of that situation...he has boldin and fitz to throw to...not to bad.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk