Sleepers 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleepers 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby z raptor » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:08 pm

Interesting to me (the players mention in this thread) because I'm in a 16-team dynasty league and I have Eric Shelton, Drew Carter, Wesley Dukes, Anotonio Bryant, Joe Jurevicius, & Roscoe Parrish on my team and I'm excited about all of them. Also had Samie Parker and Greg Jones until I traded them prior to last season (Parker's the one I wish I hadn't traded...really high on him!).

Another to keep your eye on is Ryan Moats. Coach Reid prefers to use more than one back and Moats was playing well toward the end of last season.
z raptor

z raptor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philly Pride » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:01 pm

Did anyone mention Mike Williams yet? I think he could be in for a big season if he earns a starting spot for the Lions and Harrington gets his act together.

Harrington actually isn't bad in my opinion. It's just that his O-line is underratedly bad (does that make sense?) and you get an effect similar to David Carr.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Azrael » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:29 pm

A guy I like is Chester Taylor. I presume the Ravens may let Lewis go, leaving RB duties solely to Taylor. He's probably still only a 4th rounder if that happens.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby The Lung » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:52 pm

Sleepers

QB - Brian Griese. No matter where he signs, he will compete for the starting job. He is capable of a QB rating in the high 90s or low 100s, 3000+ yards, and 20+ touchdowns. Check his stats, he's done it before.

WR - Drew Carter, Panthers. At 6'3", I like Carter's height advantage and potential as a red zone target, and he came on strong at the end of the regular season and in the playoffs last year. Ricky Proehl is retiring and Keary Colbert continues to suck, and if NFL teams wise up and start double-teaming and triple-teaming Steve Smith, Carter will be a nice option across the field.

RB - Michael Bennett, Saints. Until there's evidence that Deuce McAllister is fully healthy, Bennett is a capable backup and could benefit from a change in scenery. Chester Taylor, Bennett's replacement in Minn, could go here but I don't think Taylor qualifies as a sleeper, according to most definitions of the term.

TE - Zach Hilton, Saints. Assuming a full recovery for Drew Brees, and at 6'8" and 268, Hilton makes for a MONSTER target over the middle, especially if he were to be utilized in the red zone. I'm not saying that Brees will develop the same rapport with Hilton as he did with Gates, but you never know.

Deep Sleepers

QB - Gus Frerotte, Rams. Marc Bulger has gotten banged around as much as Tina Turner did in Ike's prime and hasn't been able to stay healthy. The "Mad Scientist" Mike Martz isn't running the show anymore but with thier WR corp and poor defense, I think this is a team that will still throw A TON.

WR - Reggie Brown, Eagles. QB Donovan McNabb was hobbled for most of last season, but Brown did reasonably well even with the inaccurate Mike McMahon at the helm. In his last game of his rookie season, Brown caught seven balls for 77 yards and two TDs against a staunch Redskins secondary. Don't discount what a healthy Donovan McNabb could do for him.

RB - Quentin Griffin, Chiefs. Stop laughing - did you see that he was signed to KC and could be Larry Johnson's primary backup if Priest Holmes decides to retire? In that occurrence, and if god forbid something were to happen to Larry Johnson, Q-Tip could be thrust into the limelight, and anyone could run behind that offensive line.

TE - Adam Bergen, Cardinals. Defenses could be torn between Boldin and Fitzgerald stretching the field and creeping up to stop RB Edgerrin James. Bergen could make for a great safety valve for Kurt Warner.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Previous

Return to Football Talk