2006 General Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2006 General Talk

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

2006 General Talk

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:43 pm

I thought that a thread about each of us would be a great way for us all to get to know each other.

Well, I am a vivacious 18 year old single female......uh, no. sorry guys!!

I am 30 years old, and just became a father again. I have a boy that is just over 2, and my new one (who was born just this last Thursday morning) is a beautiful little girl. (I have had some free time to do this stuff during the nap times!!)
I live in Calgary, Canada as most of you have probably seen from the dialogue box under my avatar. If you are unfamiliar with this area, most people know where Banff is because of skiing, etc. I am just an hour east of there. I am originally from Toronto (area), but I moved out here about 10 years ago. Although I miss the water, and the trees (things that are really lacking in the foothills of the Rockies, compared to southern Ontario), I am really happy living out here. My other big pastime/hobby is Mountain biking, and I have some of the worlds best area's all around me.
Everyone here can figure out what my favorite team is, and my favorite player :-) , the best of all time....I don't like Emmitt btw.

What else......?hmm.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LT Blue Colt » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:59 pm

My name's Joe. For all you Michiganders, I live in Gaylord, and for those who need to hold their hand up, it's right in the middle of the middle finger. 23, going to be getting married in Sept. Also just had a baby 3 months ago. It was our first child, a boy. Love to go fishing. Especially in Canada, an hour north of Wawa. Should be there in about 2 weeks to slay some Walleye, Northerns and Smallmouth. When I was little, 7-8, my dad started taking me to 1 Lions game a year, which is what I would like to do for my son some day. So, he can grow up with as much hope as I did. :-D
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:00 pm

HI...my name is Mike....and I'm 31 years old and a Lions season ticket holder. I have been there since Barry retired(the reason I got season tickets was to hope to watch him break the record), I decided to keep them for Ford Field and now I guess I just want to see a winner.

I have a beautiful wife of 3 years and also have 17 month old (boy) as well as one on the way, due in December (don't worry it wont interfere with FF).

I live in New Baltimore, MI. I have a cool job working for a marketing company that does work for Ford - I am currently on-site in Dearborn working. I am able to check in throughout the day to the cafe, if things are slow. I like in-line skating, hockey, poker and obviously fantasy football. I am in 4 other leagues (old school turned keeper(14 years); work (3 years); friends (9 years) and dynasty (2nd year).

I guess thats it....let me know if you need more
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:12 pm

dream_017 wrote:old school turned keeper(14 years)

Wow....so how many times did you draft Barry, in those 8 or so years? I am really not asking to find out how much of a homer you are when it comes to draft time.....really ;-)
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Atog » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:14 pm

Paul, 18, Student.
Boring :-t
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:17 pm

I don't believe you. When you're 18, nothing is boring. We're the older married ones!!!!
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:24 pm

Aaaahhhhh....to be 18 and a student again. Nothing boring about that!!

1 time I had him, it was the year they pulled him out at the goal line, he had like 3 TDs. I vowed to never draft a Lion again. That lastest a few years until I drafted Hanson. Very few Lions have worn the jersey of Dream.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:33 pm

dream_017 wrote:Aaaahhhhh....to be 18 and a student again. Nothing boring about that!!

1 time I had him, it was the year they pulled him out at the goal line, he had like 3 TDs. I vowed to never draft a Lion again. That lastest a few years until I drafted Hanson. Very few Lions have worn the jersey of Dream.

18 and boring are two words that just dont go together.We can take Atog over to Canada, spend a few dollar bills on the young man ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:49 pm

My name is Todd, living currently in Garden City which is about 20 minutes west of Detroit. 35 years old. Married for 7 wonderful years(just in case my wife is lookin over my shoulder right now). We have three children, oldest son 5 daughter 2 and youngest son 10 months(my money is on this kid for football) 10 months old and is bigger than my daughter already) ;-D . I recently quit my job to stay at home with my kids. Been playing FF for 12 years now, this is the 7th league i will be in this year. I am really lookin forward to this league, i love competition. I love to fish and spend alot of the summer at my cottage in Tawas doing so. Mountain bike when i get a chance although with my third child its less and less frequent. I also build ponds and aquascapes. I am currently working on a childrens book and im toying around with writing a script for a horror movie that i have had in my head for years. I enjoy raising tropical plants and yard work, used to landscape when i was younger and it relaxs me.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Who are you?

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:50 pm

Santacruzer wrote:I thought that a thread about each of us would be a great way for us all to get to know each other.

Well, I am a vivacious 18 year old single female......uh, no. sorry guys!!

I am 30 years old, and just became a father again. I have a boy that is just over 2, and my new one (who was born just this last Thursday morning) is a beautiful little girl. (I have had some free time to do this stuff during the nap times!!)
I live in Calgary, Canada as most of you have probably seen from the dialogue box under my avatar. If you are unfamiliar with this area, most people know where Banff is because of skiing, etc. I am just an hour east of there. I am originally from Toronto (area), but I moved out here about 10 years ago. Although I miss the water, and the trees (things that are really lacking in the foothills of the Rockies, compared to southern Ontario), I am really happy living out here. My other big pastime/hobby is Mountain biking, and I have some of the worlds best area's all around me.
Everyone here can figure out what my favorite team is, and my favorite player :-) , the best of all time....I don't like Emmitt btw.

What else......?hmm.

Even though i have talked with you many times before you had my hopes up with the 18 years old girl dam you!!! :-)

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to King of the Jungle League