2006 General Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2006 General Talk

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:02 am

Calyxes wrote:My name is Alan and I am 27. I live in Port Huron, MI. I am an unemployed teacher who works construction and painting jobs until I can find something else to do. Teaching 2 years of EI was enough for me 8-o My major was in Political Science yet they put me in a special ed class :-? I enjoy fishing/hunting and well of course football. But most of all I enjoy politics. I have worked on a few campaigns over the years and I hope to be running some time soon. Other than that, I am just your average beer loving football fan.

Buddy of mine is going through the exact same thing - EI teacher for last 2 years, layed off after this past semester, doing construction with a friend of his. He's pretty politically motivated as well, but Im pretty sure not nearly as active as you in that arena. Pretty weird coincidences I must say.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:49 am

mutantseabass wrote:Nice gig, we should hit Millers one day for a burger and a beer.

We just may have to do that ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Make sure to order a root beer, ship it up to me, and put it on my tab ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby psmvchaser » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:22 pm

My name is Ken. I am 32 years old. I'm married with a 3 year old boy. I live in Farmington.

I am a Detroit Police Officer, on the job for 9 years, currently assigned to the 8th pct.

Hobbies are cars, drag racing and sports.

And of course, I live and die with the Lions!
G-2

Lions LIFER! (and therefore miserable but ever optimistic)
psmvchaser
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:43 pm

Good to see ya psmvchaser ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:41 pm

welcome chaser.....by my count we have 3 owners that have not submitted a 'who are you?'
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby moochman » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:31 pm

Hi, my name is Pat and I'm an alcoholic...no wait, this is the other forum.

I am the old-timer it looks like. 36 with an unusually cool and understanding GF (especially if you knew what a dork I am) who allows me the freedom to mess around with fantasy sports. We are owned by two of the greatest kids in the world, one of each and none of the other! They are both very healthy and surprisingly well adjusted given their father :-b

I am a registered nurse currently working on an advanced degree. I will be very busy toward that end this fall, but will find enough time to run my team...right into the ground! Love music, beer, FF, golf, tennis, and major sports way too much.

This is my fourth year playing FF and this league's will be my first title! Although I will say that I have had the 11th spot in the draft order and haven't fared too well in the past. Looking forward to a great season, good luck all.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:18 pm

dream_017 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Nice gig, we should hit Millers one day for a burger and a beer.

We just may have to do that ;-D

Somehow i knew that even though you live in New Baltimore but are working in Dearborn for Fords you would know about Millers. ONe of my best friends works for Ford in the design center in Dearborn

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:25 pm

Hi, my name is Pat and I'm an alcoholic...no wait, this is the other forum.

I thought i knew you from somewhere.

Good to have ya in on this Mooch, Man 5 years without a title, i feel for ya. ;-)

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:41 pm

Well - my name is Pete. Im a 31yo father with another rugrat due in a few months. I am a stockbroker/financial planner, so if you guys have any questions or are looking for investment advice, drop me a PM. Ive been playing fantasy football for quite a while now and Im really looking forward to this league - should be tons of fun.

Since most of us live in MI, we should think about getting together as a group in January for a pizza and refreshments awards ceremony night.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League