2006 General Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2006 General Talk

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Postby dream_017 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:12 am

mutantseabass wrote:I hate Yahoo too for that and a few other things. Yahoo IMO is the most overrated site on the net for fantasy football.

Couldn't agree more. I am having the same issue in another cafe league, but we have a rule stated, so we are going to reverse these transactions. ;-D Being able to have a waiver process and divisions makes FF for me, so that is why I like AOL, I also pay for a couple other leagues, but AOL gives that same benefits as they do, but they are free...can't ask for anything more :-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LT Blue Colt » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:56 pm

OK, so let me get this straight. We lock the waiver down until 10:00am on Wednesday, but there's no priority set? :-? Are things just not set up right, or is this how it's always been? Personally I'm a fan of a waiver that's always open. Priority's cool too, but I've always enjoyed the freedom.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jdogg_ffc » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:47 pm

I think if we don't have some sort of priorty we ought to just leave them open all the time.

Last yr. I never did figure out how waivers worked and when exactly they opened.

If we were to vote on this I'd say just leave them open all the time.

You snooze you lose!!!!!!!
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:32 pm

LT Blue Colt wrote:OK, so let me get this straight. We lock the waiver down until 10:00am on Wednesday, but there's no priority set? :-? Are things just not set up right, or is this how it's always been? Personally I'm a fan of a waiver that's always open. Priority's cool too, but I've always enjoyed the freedom.

Waivers should open on Tues morning.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hickdubious » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:46 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
LT Blue Colt wrote:OK, so let me get this straight. We lock the waiver down until 10:00am on Wednesday, but there's no priority set? :-? Are things just not set up right, or is this how it's always been? Personally I'm a fan of a waiver that's always open. Priority's cool too, but I've always enjoyed the freedom.

The free agent list should be open all the time.
hickdubious
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LT Blue Colt » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:51 am

mutantseabass wrote:

Still locked right now (Wed morning 6:45am EST). Under the rules it says 10:00am Wed, but I couldn't find anything about priority. Not a real biggy, I know there's a lot of info to put in when setting up the league, not to mention manually entering the lineups. I just hope it's not something that's locked now that the seasons started. Wouldn't think so, but never know. I'm just most worried about the priority set up. Anybody that has access to a computer around 10am will always beat me to the punch.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:08 am

From what I could tell we are set at the default, "Automated Waiver system", that does go by a priority.

The other way we can go, which I would have more control over the way things are chosen, etc. the dropped players go on waivers themselves every time.

The part that makes me scratch my head at this point, is that the players are "locked", and it doesn't even appear that we can put players "into a wire proccess."

???

I will be getting this sorted out, just bear with me boys.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:49 am

The Silver Conference should be all set now ;-D

Waivers should be set and free agency begins Tues at 10AM EST.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Free Agent Signing

Postby LT Blue Colt » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:09 pm

Ok, I just want to voice my concern in order to hopefully clear things up again. I still can't request a free agent and have my priority set to pick them up on Tuesday morning. Right now all the priority gets me is players that have been dropped during the week, and left on wire for the 2 day waiting period. Now, if someone can clear me up on this, is this the way things have always been and are going to be? I'm just hoping not, because I will very rarley be able to access a computer any weekday between 6am- 4 or 5 pm. Thanks for anybody's help on this. ;-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm

I have to say that I am ignorant to this. I am usually around in the am and can pick a FA if I want. But I am curious, incase I want to spend a waiver priority.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League