2006 General Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2006 General Talk

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Postby hickdubious » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:03 pm

Santacruzer wrote:From what I could tell we are set at the default, "Automated Waiver system", that does go by a priority.

The other way we can go, which I would have more control over the way things are chosen, etc. the dropped players go on waivers themselves every time.

The part that makes me scratch my head at this point, is that the players are "locked", and it doesn't even appear that we can put players "into a wire proccess."

???

I will be getting this sorted out, just bear with me boys.

Have you figured this out yet? I don't see anywhere on the AOL site where it shows who has waiver priority. There is no where to request to add players from waivers; they are all just "locked". These are important issues that haven't been resolved. And being that it's 11:00pm CST on Monday, I'm pretty confident that this problem will be pushed on to week 3. :-t
hickdubious
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:39 am

Well, I think I have it figured out now. I had MSB go in and fix it up last week, but it looks like we were overlooking some of the settings. There's almost too many options to control the league, that you need to go into several areas to control something as easy as Free Agency.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jdogg_ffc » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:09 pm

This league's waiver wire sucks, those who can get at a computer at 10-11am Wed. get first grabs.

Whether you won or lost makes no diff.

By all rights a team with no wins should get first chance but that won't happen.

I suggest next wk. everyone send the comish a e-mail with a player you wish, teams with the worst record get first chance.
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:46 pm

jdogg_ffc wrote:This league's waiver wire sucks, those who can get at a computer at 10-11am Wed. get first grabs.

Whether you won or lost makes no diff.

By all rights a team with no wins should get first chance but that won't happen.

I suggest next wk. everyone send the comish a e-mail with a player you wish, teams with the worst record get first chance.

There should be a waiver priority. If we go with inverse draft order and waiver use or lowest man on the totem board is fine with me as long as all agree.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:41 am

There is supposed to be a priority.

And that is what I have set up. I'll keep working on it, and see what MSB has to say about it.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:06 am

I think I may have figured it out (finally). In the "Rules" setup, there is a "Waiver Wire" setup spot, as well as a "Claims" spot (and even another "deadlines" spot) that all have to do with aquiring players. I had the "waiver wire" set up with the way we want things done, with a priority of worst to first, etc. You'd think that would do it. No. That's just for "dropped" players throughout the week. The other "Claims" area wasn't properly set, so we couldn't make "Claims" (I guess they call it) over the weekend, etc.

I appologise for the issues, and the delay in figuring this out.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hickdubious » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:32 am

Why don't we just leave it open all the time? You snooze you loose.
hickdubious
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:41 pm

hickdubious wrote:Why don't we just leave it open all the time? You snooze you loose.

If it were only as simple as that. Some players don't have access so cannot make immediate gameday changes. This is for assorted reasons, I myself work everyother weekend on afternoon shifts so I don't have a chance to do anything until Monday morn. So it would be an unfair advantage in the event of breakout performances or injury issues.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby LT Blue Colt » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:56 pm

Santacruzer wrote:Well, I think I have it figured out now. I had MSB go in and fix it up last week, but it looks like we were overlooking some of the settings. There's almost too many options to control the league, that you need to go into several areas to control something as easy as Free Agency.

Thanks, Cruzer. ;-D Hopefully it will work this next week. It figures though, with more options come more problems. Appreciate the hard work though. Being commish isn't always easy.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby hickdubious » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:29 pm

moochman wrote:
hickdubious wrote:Why don't we just leave it open all the time? You snooze you loose.

I myself work everyother weekend on afternoon shifts

You mean you don't get to watch the games? Man that sucks.
hickdubious
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League