2006 General Talk

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Postby dream_017 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:18 am

Very nice ;-D

Do you think you could turn that theme into a sig for me O:-) ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Calyxes » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:59 pm

That was pretty sweet ;-D
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:12 pm

That is sweet!! I have been looking for a new wallpaper for a while now! Thanks alot for that WS ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:06 am

That is wicked sweet, WickedSmaat ;-D

Can you make me one with Kalimba Edwards sacking a QB? Oh wait, he has to actually do that first doesn't he? <sarcasm alert> :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Hey everybody, I'm movin'

Postby LT Blue Colt » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:24 pm

Yup, the new house is very close to done and this is our last month renting. Yeaaaa! My money will actually go towards something now! :-)

Anyways, I'm going to try and set up my lineups for the next 2 weeks and hope injuries don't arise for me. We've recently switched to cable internet for my wife's photography business, and in the area we are moving they recently just ran cable lines, so Charter told me it should just be a little less than 2 weeks to hook up. Anyways, I hope I kick whoevers butt I'm playing, and I'll see you all soon. If it makes any of you feel better, I'll miss you too. :-b
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

AOL

Postby hickdubious » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:36 pm

This was the first time I've ever played a Fantasy Football League using AOL and I've got to say that using AOL has completely ruined this league for me. Compared to Yahoo, AOL is very non-user friendly. I think if this league were to have been played using Yahoo I would have enjoyed it MUCH more. Hopefully you invite me back next year but if it's not using Yahoo I doubt I'll participate.

I can't believe I didn't win. The 4 game losing streak going into the playoffs was a killer. My team completely fell apart at the end of the season. Oh well...there's always next year.
hickdubious
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: AOL

Postby dream_017 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:36 am

hickdubious wrote:This was the first time I've ever played a Fantasy Football League using AOL and I've got to say that using AOL has completely ruined this league for me. Compared to Yahoo, AOL is very non-user friendly. I think if this league were to have been played using Yahoo I would have enjoyed it MUCH more. Hopefully you invite me back next year but if it's not using Yahoo I doubt I'll participate.

I can't believe I didn't win. The 4 game losing streak going into the playoffs was a killer. My team completely fell apart at the end of the season. Oh well...there's always next year.

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. Personally I think AOL is one of the better free sites out there. You obviously disagree and you tried it ;-D so I don't think there is anything I can say to make you think differently. It is probably that you are just more familiar with yahoo, but what sort of things were not user friendly? It is the same set-up as the fanball paysite so I was just wondering
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby moochman » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:55 am

I agree that Yahoo is much more user friendly than AOL.

The Waiver Wire has always been an issue to my lazy fatass. Having to go back to square one with every transaction takes much more time than it should. But I love the competitiveness in this league and am more than willing to put up with some glitches.

Hope you can reconsider, Hick. You were scarey good most of the season. Thanks for your effforts.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby gunpowder » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:04 am

i liked AOL mainly for the free live scoring. that alone made any hassles with the site bearable.
gunpowder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:27 am

I'm sorry to hear that as well, Hick.

We have had these discussions both years that we have run this league, and both times we reached the same result; the majority prefers AOL, and unfortunately I can't see that changing next year. There are multiple reasons why we chose to use AOL, and overall feel that it is the best "free" site for our league.

I know Yahoo is a common favorite, but we just don't have the same scoring and rules options that we have on AOL to best run the league. There had been talk in the past about (one - all of us) footing the bill to use a pay league, but that just doesn't really seem feasible.

While we have not set the league host in stone, as I have said, I can't see it changing at this point. I really hope you reconsider, because I would also hate to see you go.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League