Maroney to enter draft. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Maroney to enter draft.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:45 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:He is going to go behind Bush, Williams, and Lendale White (if and when he comes out). If enough teams decide to wait on RBs he could slip to the end of the the 1st round.

If White comes out, (which he probably won't) and gets drafted over Maroney I will wear the Avatar of your choice untill the 2006 NFL season starts.

When White out and gets drafted before Maroney (which I will almost guarantee) I'll pick your avatar. If he doesn't you can pick mine.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:48 pm

Oh and hear are a few words of wisdom from Scott Wright (aka the be all and end all on the draft).

Scott Wright wrote:
December 27
* I've said it before and I'll say it again, LenDale White is gonzo.

November 29
* LenDale White is a potential Top 5-10 overall pick and could end up being the 2nd running back chosen if he comes out. I hear he is going to bolt.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:42 pm

If Lenadle Whit ehas any sense he will stay in college one more year, so everyone can see what he can do. No garuntee whether he has any sense though...

Maroney will be the #3 back taken IMO. But I am assuming White stays. If White goes that will be a very tough desision.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:34 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:If Lenadle Whit ehas any sense he will stay in college one more year, so everyone can see what he can do. No garuntee whether he has any sense though...

Let me get this straight, the kid can most likely make first round money (I'd say he's about a 75% sure first rounder) and you're talking about him staying in school? His draft stock may go up and he may be a top 10 pick next year but there's also a chance he blows out a knee and goes in the 6th round. If you don't think it's about the money then you're mistaken.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:45 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:He is going to go behind Bush, Williams, and Lendale White (if and when he comes out). If enough teams decide to wait on RBs he could slip to the end of the the 1st round.

If White comes out, (which he probably won't) and gets drafted over Maroney I will wear the Avatar of your choice untill the 2006 NFL season starts.

When White out and gets drafted before Maroney (which I will almost guarantee) I'll pick your avatar. If he doesn't you can pick mine.

You're on. }:-)
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:51 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:If Lenadle Whit ehas any sense he will stay in college one more year, so everyone can see what he can do. No garuntee whether he has any sense though...

Let me get this straight, the kid can most likely make first round money (I'd say he's about a 75% sure first rounder) and you're talking about him staying in school? His draft stock may go up and he may be a top 10 pick next year but there's also a chance he blows out a knee and goes in the 6th round. If you don't think it's about the money then you're mistaken.

Agreed...how much higher could his draft stock soar? He could be totally fresh coming into the NFL (ala Caddy) and surprise some people without having to go through all the wear-and-tear guys like DWilliams, Maroney and APeterson will. For RBs, you have to make the cash while you can.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:41 pm

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Maroney fell to the 2nd round like Clinton Portis did.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:50 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:

Agreed...how much higher could his draft stock soar? He could be totally fresh coming into the NFL (ala Caddy) and surprise some people without having to go through all the wear-and-tear guys like DWilliams, Maroney and APeterson will. For RBs, you have to make the cash while you can.

Maroney split time until this year with Marion Barber III and Gary Russell got lots of carries this year. There isn't a ton of wear on his tires.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:29 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:

You have a point but I like his odds better if he stays in school. He'll be able to showcase his skills full time and be on a winning, successful team for sure. There's two ways you can look at it. I just view it as a moneyhungry move for a player that hasn't been a full on starter/star to leave school early. Just my opinion.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:45 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:

Maroney split time until this year with Marion Barber III and Gary Russell got lots of carries this year. There isn't a ton of wear on his tires.

how much the gophers run thats a above normal amount of carries
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to College Football