Expanding the playoffs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Expanding the playoffs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Expanding the playoffs?

Postby UTLonghorns » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:49 pm

Will the NFL expand its playoffs from 12 to 14 teams?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ons/051230
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Great Gambini » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:56 pm

Good find...if there were 14 teams in the playoffs, it would be great. But I just can't see the NFL changing AGAIN, at least not for a few years.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:45 pm

I do not think the NFL should expand the playoffs. I think just the right amount of teams are allowed in as is. It shouldn't be easy to get in. You should have to work for it.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:22 am

I don't like the idea od a sub .500 team makeing the playoffs. This is an odd year since most teams will have 10+ wins. Most years have a few 9-7 teams or even an 8-8 team.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jayday » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:33 am

No....No....And No....Do Not Reward Mediocrity....

Under these rules last season, Minnesota, St. Louis, and New Orleans would have all made the playoffs at 8-8....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:32 am

jayday wrote:No....No....And No....Do Not Reward Mediocrity....

Under these rules last season, Minnesota, St. Louis, and New Orleans would have all made the playoffs at 8-8....

I agree with this. I like the amount of spots right now, even though it means my Cowboys might not get in this year. :-/
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:26 pm

St. Louis did make the playoffs last year. They beat the Seahawks last year in the Wild Card Game. Buy that seems sooooo long ago.

If an 8-8 team can get in under the current setup, hoow many more 8-8 teams do we want?
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:39 pm

SeaWolf wrote:

St. Louis did make the playoffs last year. They beat the Seahawks last year in the Wild Card Game. Buy that seems sooooo long ago.

If an 8-8 team can get in under the current setup, hoow many more 8-8 teams do we want?

I realize St. Louis made the playoffs at 8-8 last year....Minnesota got in as well at 8-8....my point was that if you add another team, New Orleans would have also made the playoffs at 8-8...that's three .500 teams making the playoffs....when in my opinion, one .500 team is too many.....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:28 pm

jayday wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

I realize St. Louis made the playoffs at 8-8 last year....Minnesota got in as well at 8-8....my point was that if you add another team, New Orleans would have also made the playoffs at 8-8...that's three .500 teams making the playoffs....when in my opinion, one .500 team is too many.....

Agreed! ;-D
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ljthockey » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:33 pm

They should just do it for the AFC.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk