USC Cheating? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

USC Cheating?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:54 am

VaderFin wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Metroid wrote:I understand you care but why?

You dont think Miami has done some shady stuff for recruits

Not under the current regime they have not. We are talking about the here and now not what may have happened 20 years ago. The main point is they have commited 2 violations and more then likely nothing will happen cause they are the current poster child for greatest team of all time. :-t

You are dead wrong if you think nothing illegal goes down when recruiting. And I'm sure if you were at the College and your job depended on it, you would do the same thing as well.

You are dead wrong if you assume every school cheats.

You know your right I doubt any community colleges are commiting any recruiting violations. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:40 pm

VaderFin wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Metroid wrote:I understand you care but why?

You dont think Miami has done some shady stuff for recruits

Not under the current regime they have not. We are talking about the here and now not what may have happened 20 years ago. The main point is they have commited 2 violations and more then likely nothing will happen cause they are the current poster child for greatest team of all time. :-t

You are dead wrong if you think nothing illegal goes down when recruiting. And I'm sure if you were at the College and your job depended on it, you would do the same thing as well.

You are dead wrong if you assume every school cheats.

It wouldn't suprise me.
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:04 pm

VaderFin wrote:You are dead wrong if you assume every school cheats.

You're naive if you believe that most major programs go "by the book" when it comes to big-time recruits. Why wouldn't you try to get the edge when it comes to millions of dollars?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:00 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:
VaderFin wrote:You are dead wrong if you assume every school cheats.

You're naive if you believe that most major programs go "by the book" when it comes to big-time recruits. Why wouldn't you try to get the edge when it comes to millions of dollars?

Read what I said again...closely.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:20 pm

I think alot of people have no idea what colleges do to try to get athletes to come to their school. I personally was recruited very heavily for wrestling (i know its not football, but it relates). My brother was recruited heavily both for football (d1AA) and wrestling as well. I know there was alot of older athletes talking with us. As well as parties put own by the athletes to try to temp us to attend those schools. I think this recruiting stuff goes ALOT deeper than most are actually aware of.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:59 pm

DelhommesFan1 wrote:I think alot of people have no idea what colleges do to try to get athletes to come to their school. I personally was recruited very heavily for wrestling (i know its not football, but it relates). My brother was recruited heavily both for football (d1AA) and wrestling as well. I know there was alot of older athletes talking with us. As well as parties put own by the athletes to try to temp us to attend those schools. I think this recruiting stuff goes ALOT deeper than most are actually aware of.

Exactly.
Metroid

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:55 am

Metroid wrote:
DelhommesFan1 wrote:I think alot of people have no idea what colleges do to try to get athletes to come to their school. I personally was recruited very heavily for wrestling (i know its not football, but it relates). My brother was recruited heavily both for football (d1AA) and wrestling as well. I know there was alot of older athletes talking with us. As well as parties put own by the athletes to try to temp us to attend those schools. I think this recruiting stuff goes ALOT deeper than most are actually aware of.

Exactly.

Have to say that I agree with Vader. Once cant just assume that EVERY school is cheating. Even is one could prove that to be true, I certainly think there are degrees of cheating that certainly make a huge difference in how a program should be viewed. I would argue that for some schools that one could find a violation for, that the program doesnt even know its a violation. Is partying an NCAA violations? How would you prove that the party was used as a recruiting tool? (Assuming its not a CU type situation with hookers and such.)
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:10 am

No I dont think all schools cheat, I dont think I ever said they did. I said stuff like this happens at most schools. The SC haters out there are so quick to jump on this and call them "cheaters" knowing full well if it was their school they wouldnt have a problem with it. I hate SC probably more than any of you(with good reason)but find these "violations" to be kinda silly.
Metroid

Re: USC Cheating?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:18 pm

VaderFin wrote:Not a huge issue but it is "cheating" and I'm sure nothing will happen from it. USC is god right about now. If Miami was having Ed Reed or Santana Moss giving speeches to recruits we would be crucified in the media and would get slapped by the NCAA. Betting nothing happens to USCPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2276350

And if you are asking....yes, it is a violation to have any ex player talk to potential recruits about coming to his school.

So does that mean that if all your teams coaches are former players you can't do any recruiting?

Wow what a rediculous rule. I can see there being one for giving cars or money to kids but come on I can't see why meeting someone like Rudy or a former heisman while considering schools should be illegal. Plus how can someone prove they intentionally took them to a city 20 miles out of the way from the school on a freeway that goes right through south central LA. I'd say you were grasping at straws.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: USC Cheating?

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:24 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Not a huge issue but it is "cheating" and I'm sure nothing will happen from it. USC is god right about now. If Miami was having Ed Reed or Santana Moss giving speeches to recruits we would be crucified in the media and would get slapped by the NCAA. Betting nothing happens to USCPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2276350

And if you are asking....yes, it is a violation to have any ex player talk to potential recruits about coming to his school.

So does that mean that if all your teams coaches are former players you can't do any recruiting?
Wow what a rediculous rule. I can see there being one for giving cars or money to kids but come on I can't see why meeting someone like Rudy or a former heisman while considering schools should be illegal. Plus how can someone prove they intentionally took them to a city 20 miles out of the way from the school on a freeway that goes right through south central LA. I'd say you were grasping at straws.

Come on man, stop posting such stupidity.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football