USC Cheating? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

USC Cheating?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: USC Cheating?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:00 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Not a huge issue but it is "cheating" and I'm sure nothing will happen from it. USC is god right about now. If Miami was having Ed Reed or Santana Moss giving speeches to recruits we would be crucified in the media and would get slapped by the NCAA. Betting nothing happens to USCPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2276350

And if you are asking....yes, it is a violation to have any ex player talk to potential recruits about coming to his school.

So does that mean that if all your teams coaches are former players you can't do any recruiting?
Wow what a rediculous rule. I can see there being one for giving cars or money to kids but come on I can't see why meeting someone like Rudy or a former heisman while considering schools should be illegal. Plus how can someone prove they intentionally took them to a city 20 miles out of the way from the school on a freeway that goes right through south central LA. I'd say you were grasping at straws.

Come on man, stop posting such stupidity.

Stupidity as in no team would be stupid enough to have all their coaches ex players because of that rule or stupidity because you and the NCAA rules committee never considered that possibility?
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:03 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Not a huge issue but it is "cheating" and I'm sure nothing will happen from it. USC is god right about now. If Miami was having Ed Reed or Santana Moss giving speeches to recruits we would be crucified in the media and would get slapped by the NCAA. Betting nothing happens to USCPN.

And if you are asking....yes, it is a violation to have any ex player talk to potential recruits about coming to his school.

So does that mean that if all your teams coaches are former players you can't do any recruiting?
Wow what a rediculous rule. I can see there being one for giving cars or money to kids but come on I can't see why meeting someone like Rudy or a former heisman while considering schools should be illegal. Plus how can someone prove they intentionally took them to a city 20 miles out of the way from the school on a freeway that goes right through south central LA. I'd say you were grasping at straws.

Stupidity as in no team would be stupid enough to have all their coaches ex players because of that rule or stupidity because you and the NCAA rules committee never considered that possibility?

Stupid because if you are a coach you recruit it doesn't matter who you once were or were not because you are CURRENTLY a coach. :-t
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:21 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Stupid because if you are a coach you recruit it doesn't matter who you once were or were not because you are CURRENTLY a coach. :-t

But that coach would be breaking an NCAA rule right? Does the rule not apply to coaches?

I don't know the answer which is why I'm asking. Call it stupid all you like if it makes you feel more knowledgable about NCAA fball but my UCLA would kill your twice as many loss Mihammy which is all that matters. :-)
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:23 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

But that coach would be breaking an NCAA rule right? Does the rule not apply to coaches?
I don't know the answer which is why I'm asking. Call it stupid all you like if it makes you feel more knowledgable about NCAA fball but my UCLA would kill your twice as many loss Mihammy which is all that matters. :-)

Of course it does not.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:18 pm

LOL! You guys are funny!
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:57 am

USC recruits went to a restaurant owned by a former USC player.

If the former USC player wasn't at the restaurant promoting USC to the recruits then this isn't cheating.

If the former USC player was at the restaurant and promoted USC to the recruits then according to the ridiculous NCAA rules it is cheating.

Just going to the restaurant isn't cheating.

Pretty stupid rule if you ask me. Why can't past players help in recruiting? Seems like the best promotion a college can offer. Some NCAA rules are ludicrous.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:13 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:USC recruits went to a restaurant owned by a former USC player.

If the former USC player wasn't at the restaurant promoting USC to the recruits then this isn't cheating.

If the former USC player was at the restaurant and promoted USC to the recruits then according to the ridiculous NCAA rules it is cheating.

Just going to the restaurant isn't cheating.

Pretty stupid rule if you ask me. Why can't past players help in recruiting? Seems like the best promotion a college can offer. Some NCAA rules are ludicrous.

Thank you flotsam! Nuff said.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to College Football