GC Week 17 - MIA @ NE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC Week 17 - MIA @ NE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Clockerq » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:36 pm

as a 4 they have a home playoff game against jax instead of the steelers. the difference between a 3 or 4 seed is that they will play indy in playoff week 2 instead of week 3. i'm not so sure i wouldn't want the 3 seed and let indy play a game b4 they meet them. but i really don't think the pats want any part of the steelers. they r playing great right now. if the pats were really trying to win the game would they have let doug drop kick the xtra point and play their subs almost the whole game?
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.
George Best
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:40 pm

VaderFin wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Miami should be really proud that they couldnt win in a more convincing manner against 3rd stringers who came into the game after the first 2 series. Way to go Dolphins ;-D Certainly looks like a team on the rise and a future threat to the Pats :-b

As well, Randy Cross is the worst announcer on CBS.

Enjoy the AFC East title that is all you are winning this year! :-t

And the Dolphin fans/players can enjoy watching the Pats in the playoffs. Cant even dominate third string players - yep they are a good young team.

I dont think he missed it on purpose however it is a much better matchup facing JAX than PITT. If the Pats are to move on and eventually face the Colts, I would rather face them before the championship game. They have lost 2 out of their last 3, their coach is in emotional turmoil and to a degree they have lost some of that chemistry that made them so great.

As well, JAX QB hasnt played for a signficant amount of time, their RB is hurt and their WR's have little to no experience in big games (the exception being Smith). JAX is a much better matchup.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:42 pm

I'm not refering to this rounds match up but future match up. If Indy loses...and its possible....you could have been at home again.

I like Miami's future more then the Patsies....only time will tell.
Last edited by VaderFin on Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:43 pm

Clockerq wrote:the pats were really trying to win the game would they have let doug drop kick the xtra point and play their subs almost the whole game?

True, they weren't pulling out all the stops to win today, but at the same time, that doesn't mean they tried to lose on purpose. The two-point miss was not on purpose.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:51 pm

VaderFin wrote:I'm not refering to this rounds match up but future match up. If Indy loses...and its possible....you could have been at home again.

Looks like a good future when you have a 35 year old QB at the helm...great future ;-D Your offensive and defensive lines are aging as well and your D today couldnt even stop second rate players - again, great job.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:13 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I'm not refering to this rounds match up but future match up. If Indy loses...and its possible....you could have been at home again.

Looks like a good future when you have a 35 year old QB at the helm...great future ;-D Your offensive and defensive lines are aging as well and your D today couldnt even stop second rate players - again, great job.

Our offensive line might be alot of things...aging isn't one of them. Oh and you have no old guys? LOL LOL Keep living in the past Patsy....it's all you are going to have!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Clockerq » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:19 pm

how many teams can say they won 3 out of 4 super bowls vaderfan? were contenders again and certainly not living in the past. seems to me i hear a whole lot about 1972!!! THATS LIVING IN THE PAST FISHMAN!!!
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.
George Best
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:38 pm

Clockerq wrote:how many teams can say they won 3 out of 4 super bowls vaderfan? were contenders again and certainly not living in the past. seems to me i hear a whole lot about 1972!!! THATS LIVING IN THE PAST FISHMAN!!!

I am talking about next year...and you are talking about the past. You are going nowhere this year....count on it.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:41 pm

VaderFin wrote:You are going nowhere this year....count on it.

In all fairness, they already are somewhere - in the playoffs.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Clockerq » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:58 pm

Thank you GG. Nothing weaker than a loser killing a team thats in the playoffs, never mind 3out of 4 SB's, while his team is going golfing early AGAIN!!!
George Best
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting