GC Week 17 - STL @ DAL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC Week 17 - STL @ DAL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby monkey69 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:48 pm

I think Dallas will need at least 2 O-line men in the draft/free agency and again some help in the CB/safeties
Also, a go to receiver would not hurt - Crayton does not look bad but - I am not sure he is the answer
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby monkey69 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:48 pm

Agree - O-line looks pretty bad
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

Postby monkey69 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:04 pm

Jesus - this is the STL D-line -- if you listen to the commentators (not recommended) -- then Leonard Little would be in the Pro Bowl - give me a break
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:42 pm

Thanks to the Boys shutting down Holt, I am regular season champ of my league. Thank you fantasy gods...it's been a tortuous road, but I'm finally here!

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigE141 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:51 pm

Wow that game was brutal. O-line has to be the #1 priority in the offseason. On the bright side, atleast the cowboys get to draft higher.
bigE141
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:02 am

I win 2 leagues despite starting Crappy Jones in both!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Charlie24 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:03 am

monkey69 wrote:I just can't figure J Jones out
-- he runs for 194 yds and 2 TDs on the best run D in the NFL and now looks like crap against one of the worst run Ds in the NFL
-- I mean - everyone run on STL

Not sure what to do with J Jones next year -- unless Dallas gets a major upgrade in the O-line and Barber ruptures something - I think he is second or third round material at best

Dallas really doesn't need a major upgrade as you say they just need all their key guys back from injuries. Flozell and Marco Rivera should be back in shape next season and then all we'd need is a RT and a little more depth... The O line hasn't protected Drew AT ALL today but remember those are backups playing, not our regular starters

The situation with JJ worries me a bit though. Barber has clearly looked superior today as JJ apparently hasn't been able to create any holes on his own. I think he is lacking some of that vision and quickness he showed last year.... I remember the seahawks game when he made a couple of guys miss in the backfield and then turned up and scored a long TD

Regarding the need of WRs someone talked about... I don't think its that much of a need. We got Glenn, who showed he can be the deep threat we need, two good possesion WR and TE in Keyshawn and Witten, and Crayton, who is very fast and showed vast improvement and potential... The problem with the O right now is the inconsistency in the running game and the injuries in the O line, two problems that are connected and can easily be resolved IMO

We had a good year, but inconsistency really hurt us. We paid the price against Washington the first time around, against the Seahawks and the stupid Bledsoe pick, against the Broncos and huge Ron Dayne, and against the giants the second time around... Of course we also got a few lucky breaks go our way (mainly philly :-) ) so we can't complain

Hopefully Parcells comes back for next season because the Dallas Cowboys WILL be your super bowl champs ;-D ;-)
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting