Did you know... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Did you know...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Did you know...

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:16 pm

I thought people could post some interesting trivia about their home/favorite teams during this bowl season.

Did you know Northwestern QB Brett Basanez was just 4 rushing yards shy of becoming the first play in Div. I-A history to have 10,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards in a career?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:23 pm

WOW!!! I didnt konw that bummer he didnt make it.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:15 pm

Did you know that Miami sucks major donkey balls right now? Oh wait, you probably knew that. :-[
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:48 pm

VaderFin wrote:Did you know that Miami sucks major donkey balls right now? Oh wait, you probably knew that. :-[

Been a rough week for UM fans (unless you like Missouri, and I think thats MU anyways).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:33 pm

Well, not my team but the team NC State beat, 14-0, USF had not been shut out their entire span of having a football program until NC State shut them out on Saturday. They only had a team for 9 years, but that it 99 games without being shut out. Just an interesting fact I thought. USF also had the fastest span of starting a football program from going to their first bowl game, 9 years.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby confused_jake » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:22 pm

a lot of you probably heard it already but Missouri's Brad Smith is the first quarterback to pass for 8,000 yards and run for 4,000 yards in a career.(not my favorite team, but a player i like)
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:17 am

PACKman1144 wrote:Well, not my team but the team NC State beat, 14-0, USF had not been shut out their entire span of having a football program until NC State shut them out on Saturday. They only had a team for 9 years, but that it 99 games without being shut out. Just an interesting fact I thought. USF also had the fastest span of starting a football program from going to their first bowl game, 9 years.

One of my friends bet $1000 on NC St. +3.5 because he was sure it was a lock. We were a little weary, but I'm glad your guys came through for him.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mikus » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:57 am

VaderFin wrote:Did you know that Miami sucks major donkey balls right now? Oh wait, you probably knew that. :-[

Did you know that ...

LSU's 40-3 victory against Miami in the Peach Bowl was the largest margain of defeat in Peach Bowl history???

To top that off, it is the last year the Peach Bowl is going to be called the Peach Bowl. Next year it is simply the Chick-fila Bowl.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:24 am

Did you know the biggest arse whoopin in college football was in 1916 when the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets hung 222 points on Cumberland Univeristy! Cumberland had only one play for positive yards! Final score 222-0!

OUCH!!!
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:43 am

Metroid wrote:Did you know the biggest arse whoopin in college football was in 1916 when the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets hung 222 points on Cumberland Univeristy! Cumberland had only one play for positive yards! Final score 222-0!

OUCH!!!

We were just talking about this game on one of the VT boards. I didn't realize it was revenge by Heisman for losing to the Cumberland baseball team 22-0 that supposedly had ringers. Here's a website that dispells some of the rumors about that game.

Georgia Tech vs. Cumberland 1916
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to College Football