Did you know... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Did you know...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:55 am

Did you know that Miami just fired its Offensive Coordinator, Running Backs Coach, Linebackers Coach, and OLine Coach (who has been there for like 25 years)!! 8-o :-/
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:05 pm

Yeah I just saw that on ESPN bottom line. Wow.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:05 pm

VaderFin wrote:Did you know that Miami just fired its Offensive Coordinator, Running Backs Coach, Linebackers Coach, and OLine Coach (who has been there for like 25 years)!! 8-o :-/

Holy crap! Can we have them?!? :)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:10 pm

Total knee-jerk reaction.
Kehoe is a great offensive line coach.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:25 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:Well, not my team but the team NC State beat, 14-0, USF had not been shut out their entire span of having a football program until NC State shut them out on Saturday. They only had a team for 9 years, but that it 99 games without being shut out. Just an interesting fact I thought. USF also had the fastest span of starting a football program from going to their first bowl game, 9 years.

One of my friends bet $1000 on NC St. +3.5 because he was sure it was a lock. We were a little weary, but I'm glad your guys came through for him.

HAHA. I'm glad we came through too :-b
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:59 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Did you know that Miami just fired its Offensive Coordinator, Running Backs Coach, Linebackers Coach, and OLine Coach (who has been there for like 25 years)!! 8-o :-/

Holy crap! Can we have them?!? :)

Trust me, you don't want any of them. Kehoe is an institution but his day has come and gone. He has only really had a solid O Line in the Dorsey days. He wasn't much of a recruiter either. This was an ultimatum from the University...make these changes Coker or you are fired. I wish he hadn't made the changes and got fired. On to another 3 loss season. :,-(
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:22 pm

Did you know...

that most VT fans think Marcus Vick is a punk and a poor sport. Man that guy makes us look bad. Good game Louisville, I hate that Vick took that cheap shot and was glad to see your guys get a couple late shots on him in the 2nd half. I hate rooting against anyone in a VT uniform, but you just can't help it with that guy. I loved what Michael did for our program, but Marcus is bad news.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:22 pm

VaderFin wrote:Trust me, you don't want any of them. Kehoe is an institution but his day has come and gone. He has only really had a solid O Line in the Dorsey days. He wasn't much of a recruiter either. This was an ultimatum from the University...make these changes Coker or you are fired. I wish he hadn't made the changes and got fired. On to another 3 loss season. :,-(

Really? Wow, I thought you guys had some of the best assistants in the business.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:25 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Trust me, you don't want any of them. Kehoe is an institution but his day has come and gone. He has only really had a solid O Line in the Dorsey days. He wasn't much of a recruiter either. This was an ultimatum from the University...make these changes Coker or you are fired. I wish he hadn't made the changes and got fired. On to another 3 loss season. :,-(

Really? Wow, I thought you guys had some of the best assistants in the business.

Some are, yes. Others not so. Most Canes fans want a clean slate.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:38 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Some are, yes. Others not so. Most Canes fans want a clean slate.

Can't blame ya. It looked like the U was going to become the ridiculous perennial national champ like USC is now. After the loss to Ohio State, it doesn't seem like the program has really recovered.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football