Did you know... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Did you know...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:33 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Trust me, you don't want any of them. Kehoe is an institution but his day has come and gone. He has only really had a solid O Line in the Dorsey days. He wasn't much of a recruiter either. This was an ultimatum from the University...make these changes Coker or you are fired. I wish he hadn't made the changes and got fired. On to another 3 loss season. :,-(

Really? Wow, I thought you guys had some of the best assistants in the business.

Some are, yes. Others not so. Most Canes fans want a clean slate.

Can't blame ya. It looked like the U was going to become the ridiculous perennial national champ like USC is now. After the loss to Ohio State, it doesn't seem like the program has really recovered.

Which is why people blame Coker.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:14 pm

VaderFin wrote:Did you know that Miami just fired its Offensive Coordinator, Running Backs Coach, Linebackers Coach, and OLine Coach (who has been there for like 25 years)!! 8-o :-/

Did you know Solich cleaned house. Put together a really nice staff. In one season, the program got turned around. Then a new AD came in and fired them all. And the next year they all finished 5-6 and nearly all current streaks and records set by the school went by the wayside?
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dolfin99 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:26 pm

VaderFin wrote:Did you know that Miami sucks major donkey balls right now? Oh wait, you probably knew that. :-[

:,-( :-b
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:00 am

Do you know what the most watched college football game of all-time is on ESPN? (Live, not including reruns)

Answer on next post.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:01 am

Answer:

Nebraska's 32-28 win over Michigan in Wednesday's Alamo Bowl was the most-watched college football game in ESPN history, with a 5.41 rating.

The mark, which translates into 4.88 million households and 7.8 million viewers, exceeds ESPN's most-watched regular-season college football game - a Florida State vs. Miami matchup with 4.49 million households and 7.17 million viewers on Oct. 8, 1994. The previously most-watched ESPN bowl game was the 1998 Holiday Bowl between Nebraska and Arizona with 4.56 million households and 7.29 million viewers.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:17 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:Answer:

Nebraska's 32-28 win over Michigan in Wednesday's Alamo Bowl was the most-watched college football game in ESPN history, with a 5.41 rating.

The mark, which translates into 4.88 million households and 7.8 million viewers, exceeds ESPN's most-watched regular-season college football game - a Florida State vs. Miami matchup with 4.49 million households and 7.17 million viewers on Oct. 8, 1994. The previously most-watched ESPN bowl game was the 1998 Holiday Bowl between Nebraska and Arizona with 4.56 million households and 7.29 million viewers.

Wow thats alot of folks!

I'd be willing to bet my left testicle that the Rose Bowl will surpass that mark.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:26 am

Metroid wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:Answer:

Wow thats alot of folks!

I'd be willing to bet my left testicle that the Rose Bowl will surpass that mark.

Too bad the Rose Bowl isn't on ESPN. :-b

This post just proves Cowboys crazy idea that no one cares about any bowls that aren't a BCS game! 8-o ;-7
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:37 am

Unfortunetly huh. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby CC » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:03 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Trust me, you don't want any of them. Kehoe is an institution but his day has come and gone. He has only really had a solid O Line in the Dorsey days. He wasn't much of a recruiter either. This was an ultimatum from the University...make these changes Coker or you are fired. I wish he hadn't made the changes and got fired. On to another 3 loss season. :,-(

Really? Wow, I thought you guys had some of the best assistants in the business.

You guys are going to have to totally rebuild the coaching staff if someone else offers Shannon a headcoaching spot and he takes it.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:10 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

You guys are going to have to totally rebuild the coaching staff if someone else offers Shannon a headcoaching spot and he takes it.

Let's hope that doesn't happen! :-o
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football