Outback Bowl Florida vs. Iowa - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Outback Bowl Florida vs. Iowa

Moderator: Football Moderators

Outback Bowl Florida vs. Iowa

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:51 pm

I think Florida will come out and dominate. anyone agree/disagree?
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Outback Bowl Florida vs. Iowa

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:54 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:I think Florida will come out and dominate. anyone agree/disagree?

A Florida win wouldnt be a surprise, but I think saying they'd dominate Iowa is too bold. It depends on which Florida team shows up: the one that whooped FSU or the one that squeaked by Vandy.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:41 pm

I really doubt either team will come out and dominate like Iowa did last time. I expect the game to be close and likely within 7 points, I of course think Iowa will win but it should be a good game.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby 1crzydmnd » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:41 pm

Iowa by 3 is my prediction.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:53 pm

Besides FSU, Florida hasn't exactly drilled anybody this year. I would take Florida in this game though only because Urban Meyer has proven that if you give him time to gameplan, he will outcoach you. He had a bye before Georgia and won. He also had a bye before FSU and won. I'd take Florida in a close one.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:52 pm

I don't really know why, maybe it's the drubbing we got from Iowa a few years ago, but for some reason I just have a bad feeling about this game.

Statistically the two teams are very similar, and I admit I don't know a whole lot about Iowa but I've heard they like to run the ball, which I think bodes well for us since our front 7 is clearly the strong point of our defense, when we struggle it is against teams that throw downfield well because our secondary is weak in coverage.

Tate scares me a bit especially since he can move with his legs too, and QBs that can run have always decimated Florida.

If it's a blowout, it's Iowa winning big. If it's close, I think Florida takes it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:24 am

Free Bagel wrote:If it's a blowout, it's Iowa winning big. If it's close, I think Florida takes it.

Agreed, UF will not come and blow out the Herks. I just don't like Chris Leak in this Urban Meyer offense. To be honest, I don't like Leak at all. I've never seen a QB get progressively worse as it seems like Leak has. I do think the Gators will come out and win this one simply because they've lost three straight bowl games, including two in a row in the Outback Bowl. I think Meyer's a good enough motivator to get the guys up for this one, just not a good enough in-game, big-time coach that his offense will work against national powers. The SEC tends to dominate these games against the Big Ten, and UF should do that because of their overall speed, but with the Gators, you never know. I like UF by four in this one, 21-17.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 am

I forgot to mention that UF will be even more vulnerable to the pass today as safety Reggie Nelson, probably our best defensive player and maybe the best and most underrated player on the team, is out with an injury.

Kyle Jackson replaces him, who seems to be able to make any play into a big play for the other team..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:02 pm

Kyle Jackson has looked good so far...Espescially that big hit on the 3rd and 6.

I like what I see so far. 24-7 Red Zone offense is weak though, hopefully thatll pick up in the 2nd half

Go Gators
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:03 pm

Hey Bagel you want an updated UF sig? Ciatrick is long gone my man.
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to College Football