Order of the top 7 picks in 2006 draft has been determined: - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Order of the top 7 picks in 2006 draft has been determined:

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:02 pm

So here is how I see it playing out:

* And just so everyone knows, a coinflip determines the tie between San Francisco and Oakland. I'm going to put SF in the 6th spot...

1. New York Jets (via Houston) - Reggie Bush, RB
2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB
3. Tennessee Titans - Mario Williams, DE
4. Houston (via New York Jets) - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, LT
5. Green Bay Packers - A.J. Hawk, OLB
6. San Francisco 49ers - Jimmy Williams, CB
7. Oakland Raiders - Vince Young, QB
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:53 pm

VaderFin wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:
Bennett4prez wrote:Houston will trade that pick to the Jets. The Jets will draft Reggie Bush.


Not necessarily to the Jets but there is now way Houston keeps that pick. It has so much trade value, and they don't need a pick the high for what they need to draft. They will be able to get a lot of quality, and quanity for that pick.



San Fran tried to trade the #1 pick last year but no one was willing to offer a decent enough package. I too think Houston should trade down a spot or 2 but it will be interesting to see if they are able to or if they even want to.



MB basically took the words out of my mouth his nice long post but I'll try to reiterate it. The reason no one would trade with SanFran last year is that there was no clear cut, standout #1 player worth trading away picks for. This year there is a player of that caliber, Reggie Bush. There are many teams that want him and that pick to get him. Last year there was not that kind of desire for Alex Smih, or anyone else that high in the draft. I think it will be easy for the Texans to trade that pick. They just need to get as much as they can.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2636
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NC State

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:56 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:So here is how I see it playing out:

* And just so everyone knows, a coinflip determines the tie between San Francisco and Oakland. I'm going to put SF in the 6th spot...

1. New York Jets (via Houston) - Reggie Bush, RB
2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB
3. Tennessee Titans - Mario Williams, DE
4. Houston (via New York Jets) - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, LT
5. Green Bay Packers - A.J. Hawk, OLB
6. San Francisco 49ers - Jimmy Williams, CB
7. Oakland Raiders - Vince Young, QB


I think you had it until I saw Vince Young up there. I don't think that he will leave college early. He wants a Heisman. If Texas wins the national tital, it will be a tough desision for him, but I still think he stays. But besides that I think you are right on. Not 100% on SF taking Jimmy Williams that high, but he might be their best bet at that point.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2636
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NC State

Postby CC » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:49 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:So here is how I see it playing out:

* And just so everyone knows, a coinflip determines the tie between San Francisco and Oakland. I'm going to put SF in the 6th spot...

1. New York Jets (via Houston) - Reggie Bush, RB
2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB
3. Tennessee Titans - Mario Williams, DE
4. Houston (via New York Jets) - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, LT
5. Green Bay Packers - A.J. Hawk, OLB
6. San Francisco 49ers - Jimmy Williams, CB
7. Oakland Raiders - Vince Young, QB


The Jets aren't going to be able to trade up for the #1 pick, and with their cap problems they should be looking to trade down. Also the Titans wouldn't pass on Ferguson so Houston would not want to trade down that far.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:50 pm

Agreed Vader theres no way Houston gets rid of Domanick Davis.
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:16 pm

If I had to bet on it, I think it goes like this:


1. NY Jets (from Houston): Reggie Bush, RB - USC

2. New Orleans: Matt Leinart, QB - USC

3. Tennessee: Mario Williams, DE - NCSt.

4. Houston (from NY Jets): D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT - UVA

5. Green Bay Packers: AJ Hawk, OLB - Ohio St.

6. San Francisco 49ers: Jimmy Williams, CB - VA Tech

7. Oakland Raiders: Jay Cutler, QB - Vanderbilt

8. Buffalo Bills: Haloti Ngata, DT - Oregon

9. Detroit Lions: Mathias Kiwanuka, DE - BC

10. Arizona Cardinals: Michael Huff, S/CB - Texas
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby FF Newbie » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:21 pm

Savoy wrote:
FF Newbie wrote:No offense to you guys, but you're wrong about Young. Don't listen to the media or assume that just because a QB is black he can't throw the football.



Who made this an issue about Young being black??? :-t

Have you heard of Culpepper, McNabb, Leftwich, McNair?


Gee, I don't know where I got that. Maybe it was the comparisons to Aaron Brooks and Michael Vick and no white quarterbacks. :-?
Image
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 2990
Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FF Newbie » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:22 pm

Savoy wrote:
FF Newbie wrote:No offense to you guys, but you're wrong about Young. Don't listen to the media or assume that just because a QB is black he can't throw the football.



Who made this an issue about Young being black??? :-t

Have you heard of Culpepper, McNabb, Leftwich, McNair?


Oh, and there is definitely the stereotype, which has been affixed to Young, that black quarterbacks can't throw. If you don't see this, you're blind.
Image
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 2990
Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FF Newbie » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:23 pm

That said, I don't think Vince is coming out this year.
Image
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 2990
Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:25 pm

FF Newbie wrote:
Savoy wrote:
FF Newbie wrote:No offense to you guys, but you're wrong about Young. Don't listen to the media or assume that just because a QB is black he can't throw the football.



Who made this an issue about Young being black??? :-t

Have you heard of Culpepper, McNabb, Leftwich, McNair?


Oh, and there is definitely the stereotype, which has been affixed to Young, that black quarterbacks can't throw. If you don't see this, you're blind.


i don't think he is that good of a passer, but my opinion has nothing to do with the fact that he is black. i think he has great WRs (most of his passes are jump balls that the WR's come down with). he's a scrambling quarterback, yes, but that is not just a black thing either (see Steve Young, younger Mark Brunell, etc.).
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:43 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact