Order of the top 7 picks in 2006 draft has been determined: - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Order of the top 7 picks in 2006 draft has been determined:

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikus » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:26 pm

FF Newbie wrote:That said, I don't think Vince is coming out this year.

and i think you are right. especially if texas' gets creamed wednesday. young wants to be the poster-child of college football next year.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Humpback » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:44 pm

mikus wrote:
FF Newbie wrote:That said, I don't think Vince is coming out this year.

and i think you are right. especially if texas' gets creamed wednesday. young wants to be the poster-child of college football next year.

He (Young) may stay, but Brady Quinn will be the poster-child of college football next year.
Last edited by Humpback on Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Brady Quinn is a stud in that Charlie Weis system. He won't come out, but when he does, he's going to be extremely highly touted. With his size and uncanny ability to shake off a pass rush, along with his stats, he'll be an early pick.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:59 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:So here is how I see it playing out:

* And just so everyone knows, a coinflip determines the tie between San Francisco and Oakland. I'm going to put SF in the 6th spot...

1. New York Jets (via Houston) - Reggie Bush, RB
2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB
3. Tennessee Titans - Mario Williams, DE
4. Houston (via New York Jets) - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, LT
5. Green Bay Packers - A.J. Hawk, OLB
6. San Francisco 49ers - Jimmy Williams, CB
7. Oakland Raiders - Vince Young, QB

The Jets aren't going to be able to trade up for the #1 pick, and with their cap problems they should be looking to trade down. Also the Titans wouldn't pass on Ferguson so Houston would not want to trade down that far.

Cap problems? That will be easily resolved. Abe will be traded and Ty Law will opt out of his contract. I wouldn't mind it if they also get rid of Fabini, who is 4 mill against the cap and is a liability now. Also, if they can figure out how to do something about Chad, who isn't going to be able to throw like an NFL QB next year...
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby petedog9 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:02 pm

Your draft order is wrong....

The Raiders are ahead of the 49ers.

From ESPN:
NEW YORK -- The Oakland Raiders won a coin flip over their cross-bay rivals in San Francisco for the sixth pick in April's draft, leaving the 49ers, in contention most of the season for No. 1, with the seventh choice.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:50 pm

From ESPN:
NEW YORK -- The Oakland Raiders won a coin flip over their cross-bay rivals in San Francisco for the sixth pick in April's draft, leaving the 49ers, in contention most of the season for No. 1, with the seventh choice.

Wow...that win over the Texans really screwed the 49ers out of a good pick.... :-b
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby michaelavelli » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:18 pm

I just read this whole thread from top to bottom, and most of the things I have to say have been said, so I'll just recap.

Oh, and I wanted to contribute this...

• Contrary to widespread speculation word is the New York Jets have very little, if any, interest in either Matt Leinart or Philip Rivers. Also, the team feels they have so many needs (OL, RB, QB, TE, DT, etc.) that they might be best served by trading down in the draft and accumulating picks, even if they had a shot at a guy like Reggie Bush.

Got this from the "Rumor Mill" at NFLCountdown.com.

The Jets have too much money invested in Chad Pennington. They wouldn't have been AS bad this season if Fiedler didn't go down 7 players after Pennington did. He was Pennington insurance, a veteran guy who is at least a competent quarterback, albiet not a spectacular one.

I think Houston would be very stupid not to trade down. They have Bush, Wells, and they drafted Morency last year to backup Davis because of his injuiry history. Davis is NOT TRADEABLE because of his contract. People need to understand that. If Davis were traded/cut, his signing bonus would get accelerated against the cap, and Houston cannot afford that. So why let all that #1 overall pick value go to a platoon backfield situation when your team has so many holes?
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby lsufan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:00 am

First off I want to express how I feel about people who HOPE draft picks will hold out against the saints because of there situation.

We all have a team we pull for and hope they get the best pick. The Saints as a team have always been bad. Our reputation is really worse then the Bengals who have been picked on for a long time. The Bengals have at least made it to the super bowl.

Hoping players will hold out against the saints because of there situation is classless (cardiac cats). Whoever we get would be classless to hold out because of the teams current situation and probably would be highly criticized by the media. I also think Eli's move was horrible. His father knew Brees was going to be a problem. I know if I was a chargers fan I would never respect Eli.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:50 am

we already had a discussion about this... people need to start separating what happened to NO in real life to what NO does in the NFL... bottom line, my comment was simply football related, no more no less. It would be the same thing if you posted you didn't want my team(the panthers) to draft such and such player.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Charlie24 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:15 am

here is the rest of the order:
NFL Draft order
1. Houston
2. New Orleans
3. Tennessee
4. New York Jets
5. Green Bay