Order of the top 7 picks in 2006 draft has been determined: - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Order of the top 7 picks in 2006 draft has been determined:

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:33 am

petedog9 wrote:Your draft order is wrong....

The Raiders are ahead of the 49ers.

From ESPN:
NEW YORK -- The Oakland Raiders won a coin flip over their cross-bay rivals in San Francisco for the sixth pick in April's draft, leaving the 49ers, in contention most of the season for No. 1, with the seventh choice.


Not true...The AP is wrong.

49ers | Draft position still not determined
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:20:01 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers will flip a coin to determine who gets the sixth pick in the NFL draft and who gets the seventh. Originally the NFL had announced Monday, Jan. 2, that the coin flip had been held with the Raiders winning. However, a later announcement said it will not be held until after the Super Bowl.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:53 am

It should be noted that Washington's pick is actually Denver's pick b/c of the Jason Campbell trade....
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby soupnazi » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:56 pm

don't be suprised to see the raiders try to trade for for leinhart and throw houston back some picks for that #1 spot. that's all their offense is missing. their D will still stink, but at least they get true value out of moss, porter, and jordan by having a good qb.

the redskins look really smart for making that move for campbell. unless brunell restructures his contract, he just about has to be cut cause his salary jumps like $8M this year and they are like $26M over the 2006 cap already. With the 21st pick in the draft, it's unlikely they'd get a QB as good as Campbell, plus they got him 1 year of experience. So expect Brunell to restructure, Ramsey to be traded to a team like Zona for @ 4th rounder, and Campbell to be their backup for 1 more year. Then he takes the reigns having learned a ton on the sidelines a la Carson Palmer.
soupnazi
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 34
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:17 pm

I don't see the Raiders having enough to give Houston for the #1 spot. With all the talent at the top, I would think Houston could get a high 1st round pick to get D'Brickashaw Ferguson and a second round pick. The Raiders' 1st round pick would be too low to get Ferguson.

My self-centered question is what do the Saints do at #2 overall if someone trades up to get Leinart at #1?
I would think you have to trade down so someone else can take Reggie Bush, but who where would you want to be drafting if you are the Saints (I am thinking AJ Hawk would be pretty darn helpful to our defense, so maybe trade down with GB or NYJ?)
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 4074
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Cincinnati - West Price Hill

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:26 pm

onnestabe wrote:My self-centered question is what do the Saints do at #2 overall if someone trades up to get Leinart at #1?
I would think you have to trade down so someone else can take Reggie Bush, but who where would you want to be drafting if you are the Saints (I am thinking AJ Hawk would be pretty darn helpful to our defense, so maybe trade down with GB or NYJ?)


I would be fairly confident that Leinart will be there at #2.

If someone wants to move up to #1, it's most likely to grab Bush.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby ngub12 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:16 pm

mikus wrote:
FF Newbie wrote:
Savoy wrote:
FF Newbie wrote:No offense to you guys, but you're wrong about Young. Don't listen to the media or assume that just because a QB is black he can't throw the football.



Who made this an issue about Young being black??? :-t

Have you heard of Culpepper, McNabb, Leftwich, McNair?


Oh, and there is definitely the stereotype, which has been affixed to Young, that black quarterbacks can't throw. If you don't see this, you're blind.


i don't think he is that good of a passer, but my opinion has nothing to do with the fact that he is black. i think he has great WRs (most of his passes are jump balls that the WR's come down with). he's a scrambling quarterback, yes, but that is not just a black thing either (see Steve Young, younger Mark Brunell, etc.).


see im surprized that you say that about young. just because hes black doesnt make him a scrambler by default. the fact is he has a tremendous arm -- both accurate and strong. yes he can scramble but he is a big guy like 6'5'' if im not mistaken-- and has shown that he is perfectly comfortable in the pocket. not saying that he'll be an nfl stud, just saying its unfair to compare him to brooks and vick just b/c of race/scrambling ability.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 603
Joined: 9 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Buffalo, NY

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:19 pm

ngub12 wrote:
mikus wrote:
FF Newbie wrote:
Savoy wrote:
FF Newbie wrote:No offense to you guys, but you're wrong about Young. Don't listen to the media or assume that just because a QB is black he can't throw the football.



Who made this an issue about Young being black??? :-t

Have you heard of Culpepper, McNabb, Leftwich, McNair?


Oh, and there is definitely the stereotype, which has been affixed to Young, that black quarterbacks can't throw. If you don't see this, you're blind.


i don't think he is that good of a passer, but my opinion has nothing to do with the fact that he is black. i think he has great WRs (most of his passes are jump balls that the WR's come down with). he's a scrambling quarterback, yes, but that is not just a black thing either (see Steve Young, younger Mark Brunell, etc.).


see im surprized that you say that about young. just because hes black doesnt make him a scrambler by default. the fact is he has a tremendous arm -- both accurate and strong. yes he can scramble but he is a big guy like 6'5'' if im not mistaken-- and has shown that he is perfectly comfortable in the pocket. not saying that he'll be an nfl stud, just saying its unfair to compare him to brooks and vick just b/c of race/scrambling ability.



If you think Young is a good passer I have some land in the Everglades I would like to sell you.
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:31 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact