Sherman Fired - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sherman Fired

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:32 pm

Didnt quite expect this - might be the end for Favre as well.

Yes, the Packers had a dismal season but who wouldnt with all the injuries they had to deal with.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:41 pm

And I heard some rumblings that Favre was going to be back. I hope he is. But I think it could have worked out next year if both of them were there. With Walker back and maybe a running game especially if Gado was able to work all offseason and everything like that mumbo jumbo. Anyways, I guess you could say it was a good run with Sherman, hopefully it'll be a different story next year with a new leader.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:52 pm

I just thought it was interesting that they were not willing to give Sherman another chance, especially considering his relationship with Favre.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:35 pm

I don't think it would be a bad idea to promote Bates to Head Coach, and if we don't promote him, we better sign him to a lengthy contract extension!
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:16 pm

Could this be a way of the Packers' front office hinting that they are looking for a fresh start, not only with Sherman, but with a certain QB as well? Just a thought.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Crimedogg32 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:18 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:Could this be a way of the Packers' front office hinting that they are looking for a fresh start, not only with Sherman, but with a certain QB as well? Just a thought.

that was certainly my impression. Favre in press conferences had kind of hinted that he didnt really think the Packers wanted him back and this was I guess you could say "subtle" way of telling him the future is now
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:49 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:Could this be a way of the Packers' front office hinting that they are looking for a fresh start, not only with Sherman, but with a certain QB as well? Just a thought.

that was certainly my impression. Favre in press conferences had kind of hinted that he didnt really think the Packers wanted him back and this was I guess you could say "subtle" way of telling him the future is now

So what year is Rodgers gonna bring us the ship than? It'd be nice for Favre to come back but as it seems he won't, guess we're looking forward to some rebuilding.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby rentz » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:56 pm

it wouldnt surprise me one bit if mariucci came in as the head coach, his track record hasnt been great, but he has a history with the team, and the packers have some good pieces, they just had tons of injuries.
im not too sure about bates moving to the hc job, i think its possible, but i wouldnt count on it.
rentz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:04 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
Crimedogg32 wrote:

So what year is Rodgers gonna bring us the ship than? It'd be nice for Favre to come back but as it seems he won't, guess we're looking forward to some rebuilding.

Ding dong the witch is dead! I got the impression coming off the field the other day that Favre was done. He was smiling and hugging everyone, and gave a little salute to the crowd, kind of like a goodbye if you ask me. I didn't think they were hanging on to Sherman anyway, but I don't see Rivera getting a HC job just yet. He just seems to need a bit more experience in a stable system first. Very risky choice IMO.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk