Best sports venue? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Best sports venue?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:32 pm

My alma mater....Neyland Stadium, at the Uni. of Tennessee for those of you that dont know. 107,000 drunk rednecks, doesent get any better!

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:00 am

mutantseabass wrote:The Big House

Of course. No corporate endorsements, and the largest capacity of any football stadium in the country. And an excellent town to go along with it.

For non-football locations, the Palace is about as good as NBA arenas go. Might as well throw the JLA in there also. Who, me, a homer? ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Shaffe » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:34 am

well since everybody else is being a homer, i'll pipe in too. i've got to stick up for arrowhead and kauffman stadium. the royals are terrible, but they play in a very nice park. as for arrowhead, well i don't think i need to stick up for it too much to you fellas.

it's a shame that both stadiums are in a crap-tastic location for the city. but that's a whole different story that is neither here nor there in relation to this thread. ;-D
Shaffe
Shaffe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:34 am

Atog wrote:

Of course. No corporate endorsements, and the largest capacity of any football stadium in the country. And an excellent town to go along with it.

For non-football locations, the Palace is about as good as NBA arenas go. Might as well throw the JLA in there also. Who, me, a homer? ;-D

JLA sucks, its all suits that sit in the lower bowl, the arena rarely gets rowdy. To have a team as good as the wings in a mostly blue collar town, JLA is realativly quiet.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:37 am

Atog wrote:

Yea, the Big House wins out for me as well.

I have read Autzen is the loudest stadium in college football, impressive for only 59,000 capacity.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:36 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Atog wrote:

Yea, the Big House wins out for me as well.

I have read Autzen is the loudest stadium in college football, impressive for only 59,000 capacity.

Its true. Its the way stadium is designed. I was gonna throw that tid-bit in there but I figured everybody would call me a liar. :-b

Man I would love to see a game in the Big House though.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby jayday » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:37 am

The Shoe! ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:55 am

jayday wrote:The Shoe! ;-D

Undeniably one of the most recognizable landmarks in all of athletics, Ohio Stadium is now beyond its 80th year as the home of Ohio State football.

Built in 1922, “The Horseshoe” has just undergone an extensive three-year renovation, preservation and expansion project that will ensure its longevity for years to come.

With 101,568 seats now closely surrounding the playing field, this grand old structure, standing tall along the banks of the Olentangy River, is at the same time both intimate and intimidating.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:28 pm

TTTBone wrote:The Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field, of course.
Amazing how they took the old school stadium and trasformed it into a top notch facility while keeping the traditional reverant feeling intact.
Awesome before the renovations, and even better now. ;-D
thats the one place i'd love to go, course...il prolly never get to go, unless i jump on the waiting season ticket-holder list, i might get the season tickets when im like 75...maybe.

but it wouldn't be as exciting now that favre is gone, and yeah, hes gone, idiots just had to fire sherman. :-[
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:58 pm

The Palestra
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner